Temporary TB...

FourRiverRatz

to use it later?

Here's the whole story.

A local geofest is coming up. I am considering making a cake and decorating it as a TB tag on the top (I do cakes) and I just happen to have an unactivated set of TB tags. So can I use the real number, and activate it for the fest, for discovery only, of course. Leave it activated for a month or so, until the fest is archived, and then deactivate it, and be able to use it later?

To me it makes sense, but am I missing something?

And I could also say you have to eat a piece of cake to log it...lol..or you have to get the number before the piece with the logging number is gone..lol

Deactivating it would require support from Gc.com. I'm not sure they'll do it just for fun.

And that might actually delete all the Discover logs.

You can activate the number, use it for whatever and then release it as a bug, or whatever. Just leave the previous logs. You can place it out to an unknown location until you are ready to use it again.

Deactivating it would require support from Gc.com. I'm not sure they'll do it just for fun.

And that might actually delete all the Discover logs.

You can activate the number, use it for whatever and then release it as a bug, or whatever. Just leave the previous logs. You can place it out to an unknown location until you are ready to use it again.

Thanks

Or I could just grab it out of the event cache, and keep it until I wanted to use it again, right? I could always just keep that tag and number and use it for cakes everytime we go to fest where you bring a dish though.

Absolutely. You might want to get it out of your Drop inventory so it doesn't also show when you log caches.

from another thread.

If you plan on releasing it into the wild set them as Not a Collectible. If you plan on keeping them for yourself mark it as collectible. That will set a limitation that other people can only Discover it or post a Note. No Grabbing away.

If you want to log your coin/bug through caches/events you'll need to keep them in your Drop inventory. If you want them out of your Drop inventory, click the below link to move them into your Profile collection.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/inventory.aspx

People can still Discover them but if you want to log them through caches you'll have to move them back out.

http://www.geocaching.com/my/collection.aspx

Thanks.

and I just found a cute shaped cake pan..actually an Easter Bunny..but I can redraw the lines on top and make it like the TB emblem..lol (picture the bunny ears going up over the top of the head...made into the front pincher claws, and the humpy kind of back legs on the bunny made into the back claws...lol..and black stripes across the middle) This can slove my problem of what to bring to events every time..lol

Just wanted to say that I love your idea of making a TB cake that turns up at each event, gradually gets eaten, then reappears at another event later on!

I bet some swine will try and nibble away the vital numbers though, just for sheer mischief ;)

Could you present the cake on some sort of nice serving platter or tray to which you could attach one of the real TB tags so that if the decorated bug gets nobbled the tracking number can still be seen by the late comers to the cake?

(Or is that making it too easy? :D )

MrsB

Tasty Idea! How about taking a digital picture of the cake BEFORE... showing the number clearly and print that out and post next to the cake...

that way you can have cake and read it too!

By all means do this often... the world needs more cake... How about some TB tarts?

When you do this... could you post a pic here... blur the number though!

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc