Trading for TB's?

EraSeek

I know this has been gone over last January but I wonder where feelings are now. I have created a Travel bug and Logbook only cache and am thinking about posting a policy on that page regarding trading for bugs. Personally I feel TB's are a seperate game and need not be traded out. I have created this cache in part because I am one of those who hate to see caches turned to trash in a few weeks. The policy of trade Item for item, or leave more than you took, seems to create a senario where people are willing to trade 2 junk items for one unique item, trashing the cache with good intentions. Seems it is human nature to get the better deal, but always be "fair" about it.

The policy I am thinking of using is something like "Travel bugs are meant to be moved, so there is no need to trade out for them, but if you do please only trade other traveling items, be they Travel bugs or travling signature item.

So the question is as follows. Do you:

4497_300.jpg

I've seen "TB only" caches that have the rule you're talking about, where if you take a bug, you're supposed to leave a bug. Why the creators of the caches do that, I have NO idea.

The way I see it, is if someone is in a unique position to help a bug get closer to it's goal, they should be able to do so, regardless of whether they have a bug to trade or not.

So, when I created my Travel Bug Depot, I specifically stated that there is no need to take a bug to leave a bug. In fact, I even set the cache's goal as being "active, but usually empty."

I theorize that the reason some cache creators set this rule is, for some reason, they'd like to see their cache always full of bugs. But I feel that if the bugs are stuck in a cache, then they're not traveling.

Personally, I don't want any of my bugs to EVER fall into one of those caches that require someone to exchange a bug for a bug, just because they'll have a harder time getting back OUT than they would of any normal cache.

---------------------------------------

Friends don't let friends NOT geocache.

---------------------------------------

quote:
Personally, I don't want any of my bugs to EVER fall into one of those caches that require someone to exchange a bug for a bug, just because they'll have a harder time getting back OUT than they would of any normal cache.
Yep. As it is, bug-only caches are less likely to be visited, and if folks have to find/buy/grab a bug from elsewhere before they can even consider a visit then bugs could get stuck in them for ages...

Purrs... LazyLeopard http://www.lazyleopard.org.uk