Hi I am back

High guys, this is Eeyore, I am back, I have opened a new account as Eeyore 1 but that doesn't show anything Cave Troll and I have done in the past. So you may not think it is me the original one so I thought I would post under our joint names, so you can check up if you do know us, well me now.

I know it must be around 4 years ago that I last posted anything that was after my 50th Birthday bash in Llangollen.

I don't know how many geocaches I will be able to get out to find, I now have no transport and 2 very elderly lancashire heelers, and one of them is blind. So I am a bit limited in what I will be able to do, but I am going to try to do some, it is doing me no good at all sitting at home on my own.

Basically I just want to see how many of our old geocaching mates are still around, I have met a few new peeps who have been to do Megs Cache but that is about all.

After this post I will be posting on my basic new membership and my name is Eeyore 1

Eeyore (Joan)

Edited by Cave Troll and Eeyore

Wow, now there's a blast from the past, great to see you back and hopefully we'll bump into you somewhere, hopefully it won't be as windy as last time :yikes: .

BTW you'll probably remember me as John of the Phillimore Clan along with Sue, now muddy legs and our GSD Sir Chester who now has a little brother, Lord Max.

Hi Joan - we are still here and came up to your 50th birthday bash and had a good time and met a number of cachers there who are still around :yikes: In fact I was talking to Hazels last week at gFAB and I asked her if you were still caching.

Hope you might be able to get to Mega Wales in Swansea next year or at an event at some time.

Lilian

Hi Joan - we are still here and came up to your 50th birthday bash and had a good time and met a number of cachers there who are still around :yikes: In fact I was talking to Hazels last week at gFAB and I asked her if you were still caching.

Hope you might be able to get to Mega Wales in Swansea next year or at an event at some time.

Lilian

Well I have just found my rather dusty and hardly used GPS and hopefully I will get out and about geocaching locally shortly, I am sure there are lots of new ones out there since I last got out.

Lilian

Well I have just found my rather dusty and hardly used GPS and hopefully I will get out and about geocaching locally shortly, I am sure there are lots of new ones out there since I last got out.

Is it the 60Csx?? Seeing yours at an event was the reason Ali let me upgrade from our old eTrex! :sad: Welcome back.

Lilian

Is it the 60Csx?? Seeing yours at an event was the reason Ali let me upgrade from our old eTrex! :sad: Welcome back.

Yep that is mine, I think I have only used it 4 or 5 times since I got it, luckily I took the batteries out when I put it away otherwise it could have been ruined

Hi Joan!!

I'm still about, caching a bit less than I used to some months, then other months I cache like crazy!!

Meant to say - get in touch with Deceangi, he'll be able to split your old account so that you can share the caches you've done with Cave Troll... that way neither of you will lose them!

Hope you're ok, be good to see you about again!!

Edited by HazelS

Looking at the joining dates of those who have posted, has taken me back down memory lane :yikes:

I see HazelS at a mere 5 years young :D (account wise that is :sad: ) is currently the youngest poster. So to avoid posting with a even younger account I just had to drag out (screaming and kicking this one :laughing: )

Welcome back to the fold, the saying we used to use in the early days (yes I'm showing the age of this account :lol: ) was once you've reached 10 finds, your hooked for life :D is true. You might drift away, but as Arnie would say You'll be back :P

Now just sit down and log all the old finds under Eyore1, just logging the find on the same day as the original find with

"Logging as Eyore1, due to the split up of the Cave Troll and Eyore account"

Oh and did I say welcome back :)

Dave

Looking at the joining dates of those who have posted, has taken me back down memory lane :yikes:

I see HazelS at a mere 5 years young :D (account wise that is :sad: ) is currently the youngest poster. So to avoid posting with a even younger account I just had to drag out (screaming and kicking this one :laughing: )

Welcome back to the fold, the saying we used to use in the early days (yes I'm showing the age of this account :lol: ) was once you've reached 10 finds, your hooked for life :D is true. You might drift away, but as Arnie would say You'll be back :P

Now just sit down and log all the old finds under Eyore1, just logging the find on the same day as the original find with

"Logging as Eyore1, due to the split up of the Cave Troll and Eyore account"

Oh and did I say welcome back :)

Dave

Thanks Dave, I may well just start from scratch, as I don't really have the patience to log all our old finds, and besides which I am now Me and not part of a team. So to be fair to everyone it is better to start from scratch then I can reach my milestones on my own merit.

Joan

High guys, this is Eeyore, I am back, I have opened a new account as Eeyore 1 but that doesn't show anything Cave Troll and I have done in the past. So you may not think it is me the original one so I thought I would post under our joint names, so you can check up if you do know us, well me now.

I know it must be around 4 years ago that I last posted anything that was after my 50th Birthday bash in Llangollen.

I don't know how many geocaches I will be able to get out to find, I now have no transport and 2 very elderly lancashire heelers, and one of them is blind. So I am a bit limited in what I will be able to do, but I am going to try to do some, it is doing me no good at all sitting at home on my own.

Basically I just want to see how many of our old geocaching mates are still around, I have met a few new peeps who have been to do Megs Cache but that is about all.

After this post I will be posting on my basic new membership and my name is Eeyore 1

Eeyore (Joan)

Hi Joan,

Welcome back... It's been a while since our paths crossed!!

John

Eeyore (Joan)

Hi Joan,

Welcome back... It's been a while since our paths crossed!!

John

Hiya Joan

It is great to hear from you again, and nice to know that yourself and Mark are well (I am sorry to hear about the split but I am pleased you are still friends) and it is great to hear you still have two of your Lancashire Heelers too :huh:

It must be a good few years back we first met, probably in Shropshire if I remember correctly.... ;)

I might have to start another posting TB in your honour :D

I hope you get back into the game/sport/passtime/madness again, I am sure with all your "old" friends around you will slip back in very easily.

Mandy :)

PS I have a Geocaching Secret Santa going if your interested................your only 3 years behind on that one :ph34r:

http://mandy68.wordpress.com/secret-santa-2010/

All the old names, I remember each and every one of you so well, my first obsticle is that I have to find the book for my GPS and learn how to programme it, Mark used to do that for me with my old GPS and this one I have now I have hardly used so I will have to learn from scratch. I will get there though, I promise.

Yes I just have two of my beloved 4 Lancashire Heelers left, We lost Dottie after she fought long and hard against Mammory cancer, then I lost my beloved little man my Mr Bean, he also fought a long hard battle against a brain stem tumour, now I just have Emma who is 12 and Meggie who is 10 in a week or so. Meggie has also fought a long hard fight to save her eyes, but sadly eventually we had to have both removed, we had to give her a chance to see if she could cope, and she copes really well, around the house you wouldn't know she was blind, and when I take her out i just tell her up and down at kerbs she is a little star, they both are, if you remember them they are not very good caching dogs as they are not keen on people they don;t know. But once I have things sorted and up and running I will take them both out with me to find a local cache or two, it will do them good to get fit again.

It will only be local caches though as when Mark went he took our cachemobile with him, obviously he did as I don;t drive so I can only do caches within walking distance or those on a bus route.

So I don't think I will be able to get to any events in the near future not unless they are quite local to me and on a bus route

I need to get back caching as I am going stir crazy just going to work then staying at home, not seeing anyone.

I am a Grandma now if you remember Peace Star and Riviespike well they had a little baby girl she is called Zoe-Anne and she is now nearly 19 months old I don't get to see her half as much as I would like, but she is gorgeous.

I am still working nights but now in a Mother and Baby Unit, as the old folks home I worked in shut down in June, this job is totally different but i am enjoying it, and it is just about keeping the wolves away from the door ha ha.

Well that is a quick catch up, I hope to see you all very soon.

Does John Stead, Tizzy, Inukshuk and Maddie still cache, I haven't spotted any posts from them

Well that;s all for now folks

Love

Eeyore 1 (formerly known as Eeyore)

John Stead is still caching, very much so, Tizzie can usually be found up to her eyes in mud caching like a right old trooper most weekends, Inukshuk I'm not too sure about - to be honest, I don't think I've ever had the pleasure of meeting them!

Team Maddie hosted the (now) infamous "Windy" shrops event back in 2006, and since then have barely cached. Sadly they lost Maddie about a year since too.

Lots of folk don't use the forums, so you'll just have to become a Geo-stalker and check out their profiles and see what they've all been up to!

Good to have you back!

Edited by HazelS

hi joan dont know if you remember me i think i last saw you at derbyshire at one of the carry on camps good to see you back and im sure you will get back into the swing of things look forward to seeing you at some future events im the really short one

Edited by alma

hi joan dont know if you remember me i think i last saw you at derbyshire at one of the carry on camps good to see you back and im sure you will get back into the swing of things look forward to seeing you at some future events im the really short one

Yep I remember you very well Alma it is good to hear that you are still finding the little tupperware boxes

Joan