Does your GPS have a name?

oneblacklab

The pocket Garmin Map60Cx that I use for geocaching does a great job, but doesn't speak to me, so she hasn't got a name. My wonderful Garmin 255W that I use for highway navigation, when I am on a trip somewhere, and not geocaching, I call Emily. She talks to me, is very knowledgeable, and polite, and never yells or nags. I even talk to her at times. If only she would start the conversations with, "Hi Mickey, how are you today?", I'd be in heaven. I guess if I had a daughter, I would call her Emily, too.

The pocket Garmin Map60Cx that I use for geocaching does a great job, but doesn't speak to me, so she hasn't got a name. My wonderful Garmin 255W that I use for highway navigation, when I am on a trip somewhere, and not geocaching, I call Emily. She talks to me, is very knowledgeable, and polite, and never yells or nags.

lucky, the tomtom on our PDA isn't so polite. "in 100 meters, you have arrived at your f***ing destination!" :yikes:

Since the voice we have on the NUVI is named Emily I am guessing (as I can see from a previous post) there are a lot of Emily's out there. (Another question is why the British voice sound so polite.)

Funny thing is our kids call the GPS Emily as well. If I take it out of the car..."Hey Dad where is Emily?" Once we changed the voice and all we heard was "Hey, who is this, we want Emily to come back."

I will say Emily has to work on her pronunciation of some streets. Threw us the first time she told us to turn on "Yonja Street" ;)

alb

Well the 60CS is called Gyps because with her wonky compass and slow to find sattelites system we get gypped when group caching as we are far behind the rest with the new toys, but we love the old girl anyway. The Colorado my hubby has is called "stupid thing" by me, as I don't cotton to the newfangled gadgets too well LMAO. That may change in a few weeks when I buy my 62 CS. Our Nuvi in the car is called "naggie" because she nags us to turn where we don't want to turn. Many choruses of "shut up Naggie!" ring out when we are caching!

Yeah, we're a little off our rockers, but that's ok! :blink:

Sarah of Houlagans(SNSGK), formerly SNSGKrieger (I'm not a fan of that change either...LMAO)

My GPS has two names, some days she is sweetheart, other days she is bee itch

This is our second day of geocaching and we are hooked. We would like to give our trusted friend who gets us in and out safely and fast a name but we our curious to see if we are the only ones who think our GPS should have a name.

Totally hooked oneblacklab, Queen Bee and Super Fly Guy!