French to English

Freedom Bus

I am going to Montreal soon and want to download caches there. When I click on the cache it comes up in French even though the language I have chosen is English. Is there any way to have them appear in English?

Only if you can get Montreal annexed by the USA. Good luck with that. Just kidding of course, but the devil made me do it! :mellow:

To be serious I don't know if there is a solution? You probably have to cull out of a list by going back and forth to/from the cache pages. Start with a PQ and go from there. Sorry, but I don't know any other way. Some geniuses of the internet may be able more helpful.

P.S. Just take Montreal, leave the rest of Quebec! Yet again, France may be interested and that certainly wouldn't solve your problem! :)

The cache description appears as the owner wrote it. If they write the description in French, German or any other language, that is what you will see. (As a courtesy, some owners provide an additional English translation, or at least a summary in English.) It makes no difference in what language you are logged on as.

If you can't understand the language, probably the best you can do is to run the description through Google translate:

http://translate.google.com/

This has worked for me, although the translations can sometimes be... surprising. ;-)

Also note that if you are from the U.S., or elsewhere outside of Canada, remember to turn off data roaming on your phone (if you use such a thing). International roaming costs can be horrendous.

Cheers.