Oxford

Deceangi

This event was originally only going to be arranged as a chance for a certain Scottish reviewer to meet up with some local cachers. I was informed that maybe they would be bringing a few friends along, but now they are appearing from all over the place. I'm only glad I chose the Longwall as the location because at least I believe it should hopefully be big enough to cope! :huh:

This event was originally only going to be arranged as a chance for a certain Scottish reviewer to meet up with some local cachers. I was informed that maybe they would be bringing a few friends along, but now they are appearing from all over the place. I'm only glad I chose the Longwall as the location because at least I believe it should hopefully be big enough to cope! :laughing:

And she will :huh: , you've just got a few more guests attending than you expected, All Carols friends :P . It'll teach you, not to let Alison con you into organising a event in future :) .

Personally I'm looking forward to the event, as it will give me a chance to catch up with old friends and meet new ones :laughing:

Deci

ps: I'm logged as Will Attend, under my Finder account :D

Oi!!!! Cheeky b*ggers. It's just as well a certain Scottish reviewer did indicate to me what was going on otherwise we would be meeting in a small pub whom I had told to expect the usual number of cachers (ie about 20) and everyone would have ended up standing in the pub garden.

I can see I am going to have to administer punishment to that Deceangi :D

Ah, but you were missed Solly - as Europe's top cacher you'd have fitted right in! - An excellent and well attended event, with the bonus of trackable GeoGnomes (I got you one Alan, to pass on or send out) and cheeses of various bigness to chat to too. A great atmosphere and no one tried to hit me; always a bonus. Big thanks to Go catch, Alibags, DalekMeat for my cap badge and all those who attended this (BMW) Mini Mega :D

That said, I hope you had a cracking day of your own and the Father of the Bride speech went well.

"I don't think of it so much as losing a daughter as gaining a spare room..." :P

Edited by Simply Paul

well we could have caught the bus if i was allowed to do long walks, but felt well enough to drive. was tiring (felt like i had been driving all day).

I was the one with a face like a hamster and a daughter who was freebie mad. nice to meet everyone new and old and the Groundspeak team, thanks to all the lackys and jeremy for the gnome trackables.

look forward to the next event.

What a great event - thanks to Go Catch and Alibags. Nice to put faces to names !! Met the Groundspeak team (what nice people) and was given Geonome! - swapped coins and bugs and had a jolly nice time. Lots of reviewers to meet and (no doubt bore the pants off) People there from France. Germany, Sweden USA (even met a bloke from Alaska!) Home Nations also well represented Again nice to meet such luminaries as the Blorenges and Graculus

thanks again

I was totally overwhelmed at the amount of attendees to my first event, let alone the members from Groundspeak HQ turning up as well. :laughing: I had a fabulous day both meeting cachers I’d only read about in logbooks and meeting so many of the people that makes this game what it is. I’m not sure what I can do for an encore to this but you can be sure it will be almost impossible for me to better this one. :D

I was surprised - there seemed to be millions of people there, but only around 100 raffle tickets went.

I guess if, like us, only 1 person took one for 4 people, then it could be potentially 400.

Both the Tiger and I signed the log, but the kids hid away in the corner (anyone else notice they were there?)

Not everyone had raffle tickets, (certainly the Lackey's didn't) so I couldn't base the numbers on that

Lots of peeps there have duel personalities presumably - cacher and reviewer.

If they log under both accounts then the numbers will appear greater :laughing:

Fortunately, I tried to take that into account and only counted those as 1

We are a team of four, so only signed the log book once and took one raffle ticket.

That’s how it was supposed to be, otherwise a family of 4 under one caching name had 4x the chance of winning a prize. Whereas as lone cacher was at a disadvantage, which I felt was unfair.

Just a thought ! who won the raffle??

Sorry, but I didn’t take note of the six winners. If you look through each of the logs there are comments on winning a prize. Either that or the fact they were molested by Muddy legs (lol).

Edited by Go catch

First off I'd like to Thank Go catch for being such a good sport :laughing: . Not only did we con him about the numbers and actually who was attending :laughing:

We then pulled his leg :yikes: by kidnapping his unpublished cache :yikes: and having the Lackeys and International Reviewers sign it :cool: . For my part I'd also like to apologise to him for the little white lie :yikes:

Shortly before Publication, Go catch went to check on the cache :yikes: unfortunately I wasn't quick enough to get a photograph of him at the cache site :laughing: . So I ended up stood talking to a colleague. On coming over to us and asking if we'd signed the log :yikes: both of us of course denied that :D as we did not wish to spoil the surprise B)B)B)

So once again thank you Go catch for such a fantastic event.

Oh and do you realise that it is a very First and Totally Unique Event for the UK?

It's the First and possibly the only UK Event to have all Three Founders of Groundspeak (I bet someone thought I was going to say Geocaching :laughing::laughing: ) Attend a Event here in the UK at the same time.

So Go catch you have a unique honour :laughing:

Deci

ps: I didn't take a raffle ticket either :laughing:

Oh and do you realise that it is a very First and Totally Unique Event for the UK?

It's the First and possibly the only UK Event to have all Three Founders of Groundspeak (I bet someone thought I was going to say Geocaching :laughing::laughing: ) Attend a Event here in the UK at the same time.

Deserves its own special icon I reckon! :laughing::laughing:

Mark