Uservoice

imwithstupider

Yeah, there's definitely some weirdness here. I was able to re-create the "excess votes" behavior using Google Chrome's on-the-fly html editing capability. On my screen, this shows me as having 6 votes:

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7527...ation?ref=title

Even though, I currently have zero votes on that topic! It seems that the "greater than 3" vote total on your profile pic is purely a display issue and isn't tied to actual votes on the topic.

That's just too funny. I have 55 votes in ZeLonewolf's topic. Bet you cannot top me! (I know you can actually.)

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7586...-tota?ref=title

:laughing:

I believe that this it the intended behavior for Uservoice. If someone posts a topic and then hides temporary event topics, people can use that topic to vote for all the temporary event topics so their vote count will be displayed correctly. However since temporary event topics aren't real topics, the total votes for the original topic will never include more than 3 votes from any one person. :(

If a topic is in the "new" tab, is that based on your last log in?

I think the "hot", "top", and "new" tabs all contain ALL of the topics, just arranged differently. "Hot" appears to be arranged in order of recent activity, most recent at the top. "Top" is arranged by the number of votes, most-voted-for at the top. And "new" appears to be in order of when the idea was submitted, with the newest at the top.

I think that "New" is when the last post was posted, "Top" is what has the most votes, and "Hot" is what has the highest average votes per person ratio, but I'm not sure

What is it with you people. Can't you see any number without turning it into a competition? Next thing you know someone is gonna post a thread about the most votes cast on a topic in 24hrs.

Good idea! starting at midnight between friday and saturday! Set your alarms :laughing:

I think the "hot", "top", and "new" tabs all contain ALL of the topics, just arranged differently. "Hot" appears to be arranged in order of recent activity, most recent at the top. "Top" is arranged by the number of votes, most-voted-for at the top. And "new" appears to be in order of when the idea was submitted, with the newest at the top.

I think that "New" is when the last post was posted, "Top" is what has the most votes, and "Hot" is what has the highest average votes per person ratio, but I'm not sure

What is it with you people. Can't you see any number without turning it into a competition? Next thing you know someone is gonna post a thread about the most votes cast on a topic in 24hrs.

Good idea! starting at midnight between friday and saturday! Set your alarms :laughing:

GOF would be leap-frogging with his socks. My money is on them.

GOF would be leap-frogging with his socks. My money is on them.

Saturday is no good for me. That is when I wash my socks.

That's just too funny. I have 55 votes in ZeLonewolf's topic. Bet you cannot top me! (I know you can actually.)

:anicute:

that took a lot of clicking :D

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7586...user-voice-tota

Wow. I just checked in on this topic, and the top-level counts have now updated, and it's reporting that it has 1,371 votes! Seriously messed up. Sorting by most votes now bubbles it to the top. This means that ANYONE can artificially inflate a topic's vote totals! This is no longer just a display issue and uservoice need to get on this ASAP.

:anicute:

that took a lot of clicking :D

http://feedback.geocaching.com/forums/7586...user-voice-tota

Wow. I just checked in on this topic, and the top-level counts have now updated, and it's reporting that it has 1,371 votes! Seriously messed up. Sorting by most votes now bubbles it to the top. This means that ANYONE can artificially inflate a topic's vote totals! This is no longer just a display issue and uservoice need to get on this ASAP.

WOW! That is messed up!

I just started looking at the uservoice system and didn't look at it much but have a couple of comments....

Can we "watch" an issue without commenting or voting on it? Sometimes I like to see where a discussion is going before I add to it.

I like what was done with the main geocaching.com site with the clickable GC number that drops down a selected "tiny" URL for the cache page. Something like that would be really nice on the uservoice site to provide a link that could be used in the forums. I saw an issue mentioned earlier in the thread that I might want to vote on but didn't have a link to the uservoice issue. It would be really useful of the uservoice system and forums could be integrated. The uservoice system doesn't seem that conducive to discussion but a link in that system to a forum thread would provide a good mechanism for voting (that the lackeys could see) and still use the forums for lively debate of an issue.

Someone mentioned being able to link issues. To me, this is really important. Most issue tracking systems that I've dealt with don't provide a good mechanism for merging duplicates. For those familiar with RDF/linked data, some sort of "sameAs"or similarTo property that could be added as a comment might reduce the number of duplicate issues. As the number of issues grows, there are likely going to be a lot of people that'll start a new issue nearly identical to something already being discussed.

I don't know why, but I'm having a hard time finding my way around the UserVoice site.

I replied to some existing topics today and wanted to follow up, but I don't remember the topic names or where to got to find my replies. I thought my active topics showed on the right side, but there's nothing showing now. I think they might only show there if it's something that I voted on.

I found one of them because I remembered "notification" was in the title and searched on that, but I don't remember any of the other topic titles.

Edited by Skippermark

Ok, how did they get negative vote totals?

Link

You know, I wondered how the "Don't bring back virtuals" topic dropped off the map. I thought maybe Groundspeak had denied the topic and closed it. I see now that it has -1 votes.

On my screen, it's currently listed with -157 votes (!!) Negative totals ALL OVER the place. Looks like we have brought yet another 3rd-party feedback system to its knees. Hopefully it gets fixed, I kinda liked this one.

EDIT: the "bring them back" virtuals thread has the -157 vote total.

Edited by ZeLonewolf

Leave it to this group to ferret out all the flaws and/or break the system! :anicute:

That's not a bad thing. It's called user testing and it's a good idea to do it before the product is actually launched instead of finding out the flaws later (i.e. GetSatisfaction).

I know. I just find it amusing that the flaw hasn't been discovered by any other Uservoice client. I don't think Geocaching.com is their first or only client--but maybe just their only client with users who would actually sit and click a button 400 times to see what would happen! :D

That's good. But why does the number show a negative total of comments? I was always taught that if you have 5 apples and I take away three apples you have 2 apples left, not minus three apples.

You had 5 apples and I took away 8. You now owe me 3. Could you send your sock over with the apples?

That's good. But why does the number show a negative total of comments? I was always taught that if you have 5 apples and I take away three apples you have 2 apples left, not minus three apples.

depends if you're an optimist or a pessimist...is the glass half full or half empty? :blink:

depends if you're an optimist or a pessimist...is the glass half full or half empty? <_<

Remember, I have three apples. The most powerful apples in the world. Ya gotta ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky?" Well, do ya?

:anibad: