Uservoice

imwithstupider

It looks like Uservoice will be the replacement for Get Satisfaction.

I have removed the link for now. I don't think that is intended for people to start logging in at this point. If they want people to test drive it, I am sure they will post a link to it.

I would suggest waiting until Groundspeak makes some announcement before posting the link again please. I've asked for a clarification.

Hmmn. I guess we'll see about that.

Sorry to spoil the fun.

No problem. I'm not the one who rushed right in to populate it with ideas. But Snoogans may pout for a while. But he'll get over it.

I don't pout over the small stuff. I just had a flashback to 2003 when we still had polls. THAT was fun. :)

Think so? Or are they just test driving it?

I'm test driving the heck out of it. Log in and VOTE if you like my ideas. :)

Make a suggestion! I only have 5 votes left!!!

i don't like the limitation on number of votes, GC is not like any other business that uses this system where there are not many members and ideas are few and far between

on GC there can be 10 new ideas in one day, so if i like them and vote for them but are never implemented i can never vote again

also in an attempt to preserve ones votes, people will not vote for many ideas in case something better comes up, thus creating a false picture of agreement to the idea

that has to be the most stupid method of attempting to control quality

Your votes will be returned when your ideas are completed or deleted (We'll email you!).
Edited by t4e

i don't like the limitation on number of votes, GC is not like any other business that uses this system where there are not many members and ideas are few and far between

on GC there can be 10 new ideas in one day, so if i like them and vote for them but are never implemented i can never vote again

also in an attempt to preserve ones votes, people will not vote for many ideas in case something better comes up, thus creating a false picture of agreement to the idea

Your votes will be returned when your ideas are completed or deleted (We'll email you!).

Well, it looks like you can change a vote back to 0 at any time to reclaim your vote points if they aren't closed out. But before I read the little pop up help "What happens if I run out?" I was wondering how long I'd have to wait after spending all the votes or what. I guess it will force people to decide what they really want to support. (Better keep sock puppet account leashed...)

Doesn't look like you can reply to a comment either. That will make it hard to have a back and forth discussing finer points of an idea, but perhaps that is by design? Of course, it is just a test site and I have no experience with uservoice so maybe things like that are configurable.

Edited by rob3k

We'll most likely be making the switch later today. User Voice has some drawbacks but we're willing (you could say forced) to live with them. Thanks for jumping in later to contribute when you see the Feedback tab reappear on the site. I'm tempted to scold you for jumping the gun but it does warm my heart that you all are so enthusiastic.

Well, it looks like you can change a vote back to 0 at any time to reclaim your vote points if they aren't closed out. But before I read the little pop up help "What happens if I run out?" I was wondering how long I'd have to wait after spending all the votes or what. I guess it will force people to decide what they really want to support. (Better keep sock puppet account leashed...)

Doesn't look like you can reply to a comment either. That will make it hard to have a back and forth discussing finer points of an idea, but perhaps that is by design? Of course, it is just a test site and I have no experience with uservoice so maybe things like that are configurable.

I disliked the threading on Get Satisfaction. It made it hard to have a back and forth conversation and nearly impossible to find when some commented on a response that was several days old and not on Perhaps the single level of threading here will make it more like a forum when I can find the latest response. I do miss the ability to vote a response as one of the best responses.

The limitation on the number of votes it supposed to be a way to get the suggestions that are most important to the top. There may be some ideas that lots of people like but that really isn't important when it comes down to whether this helps them use the geocaching website (or smart phone app). By limiting the number of votes, users will pick the ones that are most important. They can also give more of there votes to that suggestion (up to three votes). There are other way I would have let users prioritize ideas, but perhaps this would work as well (Similar ideas have been given to deal with a similar issue if cachers were able to vote on favorite caches).

I only see the ability to make suggestions. Users who are simply asking a question or reporting problems don't have a place for that - though I'm sure people will use it this way. It might be that with customization Groundspeak can create forums for "I'm having a problem with...." and "I have a question about..." in addition the "I suggest you..." I would still like to see a user-to-user section in the Groundspeak Forums for users to help each other out by answering questions and solving problems.

It's a huge improvement over the last one. But certainly not perfect.

For those that haven't been following the Get Satisfaction saga of the last couple weeks, we're moving to User Voice because we lacked tools to moderate the user base and a troll ran riot for days on end. Get Satisfaction has a policy of mediating disputes between company and customer and is setup such that banning a user on one community will also ban them on their "40,000" other communities. Without 24/7 support from them this policy was unacceptable.

If he is reading this, I want to thank that troll for exposing this weakness early. Now DIAF.

For those that haven't been following the Get Satisfaction saga of the last couple weeks, we're moving to User Voice because we lacked tools to moderate the user base and a troll ran riot for days on end. Get Satisfaction has a policy of mediating disputes between company and customer and is setup such that banning a user on one community will also ban them on their "40,000" other communities. Without 24/7 support from them this policy was unacceptable.

If he is reading this, I want to thank that troll for exposing this weakness early. Now DIAF.

I wasn't even talking about that...issue.

Have you guys checked out UserEcho? I don't have any idea what their moderation tools are like but I love that you can do negative votes! Also there's a chart here where you can compare the features of several other Customer Feedback Management Services.

Had a couple questions about the new site.

In the test forum there are several messages that talk about pancakes in the individual replies, but nowhere in any of the the topic titles does it mention "pancake." When I type "pancake" into the "Go ahead and post some test topics here" nothing shows up. When I click Search, the site wants me to create a new topic about pancakes.

It looks like the site is only indexing topic titles and not individual replies. It's possible that a topic title may not have the words someone is searching for, but the words (and answers) are in the individual replies. That might mean a lot of duplicate topics could get created.

I'm thinking if someone discovered a bug in the iPhone app but because of the 90-something character limit, they can't explain the issues, so they create a generic topic like, "I found a problem with the iPhone app" and then write a reply explaining it in detail how it involves pocket queries or something like that.

If someone else discovers the same bug and goes onto the site and searches for "pocket query bug", the original bug report won't show up since those words aren't in the topic title, so they'll create a new report detailing the same issue.

Is there a way to get the replies to be indexed too?

Will users have to use a vote to report a bug? How about if someone is a new user and has questions in the iPhone section about how to work the app? Would a vote have to be used by a non-lackey to post a note letting people know the new version of the Groundspeak app is out for the iPhone or something like that?

Had a couple questions about the new site.

In the test forum there are several messages that talk about pancakes in the individual replies, but nowhere in any of the the topic titles does it mention "pancake." When I type "pancake" into the "Go ahead and post some test topics here" nothing shows up. When I click Search, the site wants me to create a new topic about pancakes.

It looks like the site is only indexing topic titles and not individual replies. It's possible that a topic title may not have the words someone is searching for, but the words (and answers) are in the individual replies. That might mean a lot of duplicate topics could get created.

I'm thinking if someone discovered a bug in the iPhone app but because of the 90-something character limit, they can't explain the issues, so they create a generic topic like, "I found a problem with the iPhone app" and then write a reply explaining it in detail how it involves pocket queries or something like that.

If someone else discovers the same bug and goes onto the site and searches for "pocket query bug", the original bug report won't show up since those words aren't in the topic title, so they'll create a new report detailing the same issue.

Is there a way to get the replies to be indexed too?

Will users have to use a vote to report a bug? How about if someone is a new user and has questions in the iPhone section about how to work the app? Would a vote have to be used by a non-lackey to post a note letting people know the new version of the Groundspeak app is out for the iPhone or something like that?

I don't think you can index the replies but I'll look into it. As an admin I can merge similar topics, though. That should help prevent duplicate ideas.

Also, you don't need to vote on an idea to comment on it.

Burned through my 10 votes in about 5 minutes. :)

Can't create a new topic now without removing or reducing my vote for something else. Kind of a bummer. Probably see a lot of people rescinding votes on the issues that languish for weeks.

Edited by rob3k

Burned through my 10 votes in about 5 minutes. :)

Can't create a new topic now without removing or reducing my vote for something else. Kind of a bummer. Probably see a lot of people rescinding votes on the issues that languish for weeks.

I think they should start a vote market. The ones like Gof's Sockpuppet can sell the excess votes to ones like rob3k. :mellow:

problems i noticed:

-threads with a recent reply don't move up the top, doesn't even say when the last reply was

-can't find topics i replied to and i want to keep an eye on unless i scroll though everything

-the 10 votes limitation is ridiculous at best, i don't want to take one back to be able to vote on a different topic, besides where are the threads i voted on and how do i find the ones i replied on?

-lack of EDIT ability, that in itself will create unnecessary number of replies in a row from the same prson if they forgot to say something in the original comment

Edited by t4e

problems i noticed:

-threads with a recent reply don't move up the top, doesn't even say when the last reply was

-can't find topics i replied to and i want to keep an eye on unless i scroll though everything

-the 10 votes limitation is ridiculous at best, i don't want to take one back to be able to vote on a different topic, besides where are the threads i voted on and how do i find the ones i replied on?

-lack of EDIT ability, that in itself will create unnecessary number of replies in a row from the same prson if they forgot to say something in the original comment

Have you clicked on your user name at the top of the right hand column?

problems i noticed:

Have you clicked on your user name at the top of the right hand column?

i don't see my name in any column, its only above it as "Signed in as t4e" and when i click on it in Activity there's nothing, in Settings there's "Deliveries" options and woow i have a Karma of 12