Cache rage.

Claudis192

I'm new to Geocaching and wonder is there any documented cases of cacherage? You guys know what i mean don't you? Like road rage except with geocaching!

Well today i was out checking on a cache i placed. I had hidden it in a park quite local to my mother and fathers home. :) I wanted to make sure it hadn't been blagged by a muggle since it was full of kids toys.

Anyhoo.. I took my dog round this park and spotted this old fellow who was walking in the same direction towards the cache trail. He was walking very slow as old people tend to do. I said hello and was about to make small talk when the grumpy old git started to give me grief for having a staffordshire bull terrier. He criticised the breed as bad dogs. :) I knew better and decided not to argue with this old fart. I made a full lap of the park and the old git was still only half way towards the cache trail. :P How could he be so slow? I wanted to check that cache bad so made another lap of the park. Bah?! He's still not got past the cache trail!. I pictured myself screaming at him to move is a**. I know its insane but because of his earlier comment i had no empathy for him and his age. :) I wanted to chase him from the park. I needed to get home but decided another lap. Finally he was away. The cache was safe and plenty still in it. YEY..

I can't stop thinking about how silly the whole ordeal was! Am i insane. Getting mad at an old guy just because he's walking super slow and in roughly the same direction. I wanted to know has anyone else had an episode of cacherage? Even if its only in your own head like mines. LOL <_<

Edited by Claudis192

I went to check on one of our caches only to find a guy sitting on top of it, listening to his music!! I walked the dog around the hugeeeeee park, came back, and he was still there!!! Another round of the park, walked to the GZ, and yep, he's still there, so at that point I gave up but was well annoyed. Later, the next finder, reported the tree trunk it was in all smashed up - when I went to check on it it looked like someone took an axe to it!!!!

I went to check on one of our caches only to find a guy sitting on top of it, listening to his music!! I walked the dog around the hugeeeeee park, came back, and he was still there!!! Another round of the park, walked to the GZ, and yep, he's still there

This happens A LOT with caches hidden on benches. I usually let them know I'm geocaching and they move and let me get it... No problem...

We were looking for a cache that was on a corner of a street, right infront of a statue/fountian. There was somebody that was going to take a left right infront of us. This person sat there for 3 lights and didnt move. Finally on the fourth one another person pulled up behind them and honked for them to go. It took a good 10 minutes.

Your story reminds me when I was at the store yesterday waiting for 5 minutes for a lady and her three kids to move over so I could get some blue cheese. She looked at me atleast 3 times while she was deciding what kind of chedder she wanted. Evertime there was a gap and I went foward, one of her kids would walk infront of me. I wanted to scream at her.

Next time somebody gives you crap about your dog, just yell "SICK 'EM"

i kidd i kidd.

Don't get me started! Last week I was looking for a micro in a tree in a little park beside a library. There was a woman sitting on the bench next to the tree. Reading! A book!! I was insane with rage!!! How dare you infringe on my right to undisturbed geocaching! I considered setting fire to the library to distract her, but in the end I just pulled out my Kindle, opened Reader's Digest, sat on the next bench and glared at her. I know, I'm a wussy. I should have been more assertive...

I guess when you’re old you can say what you want, but why would someone criticize your dog? What did he want you to do, “oh you’re absolutely right I shall take him out back and shoot him now.”

I think you can shove someone down for cruming on your dog, pretty sure.

Besides Aussies are the only dogs anyone should have because that’s what I have and obviously what’s best for me is what’s best for everyone even if they live in an apartment in NY or something.

Ok maybe a Border Collie if you happen to want a dog with a tail but no other types of dogs should even exist.

Don't get me started! Last week I was looking for a micro in a tree in a little park beside a library. There was a woman sitting on the bench next to the tree. Reading! A book!! I was insane with rage!!! How dare you infringe on my right to undisturbed geocaching! I considered setting fire to the library to distract her, but in the end I just pulled out my Kindle, opened Reader's Digest, sat on the next bench and glared at her. I know, I'm a wussy. I should have been more assertive...

Sorry, that was me.

Sorry, that was me.

Wow, you're a woman? :)

crude suggestion:

sit next to her and break wind.

:)

Sorry, that was me.

Wow, you're a woman? :mellow:

Sometimes. :)

Sorry, that was me.

Wow, you're a woman? :mellow:

Sometimes. :)

LOL

I had a brief moment of rage tonight. Got to ground zero to find the landscaping tore up. In a week (since I was last here) the timbers and the trees were tore up. Annoyed by that. Finally found the cache after numerous DNF only to find out the 1.5 terrain required a neat little shimmy up said tired landscaping through some well pruned pine trees and juniper bushes or something like that. Found the hole that was created in said trees only to discover my chest area was entirely too amble to fit through the little tiny hole. Send friend in who has no chest while I went from the other direction and grabbed at the cache. Between us we got it (yay for team work). My mom of rage came as the chest became stuck and I said all sorts of nasty as I tried to back out of that hot mess and not destroy anything in the process.

crude suggestion:

sit next to her and break wind.

:huh:

If you're like the OP and have brought your dog along you can then blame it on your dog.