Custom Icons for 62S

Saving them as 24 bit worked for me as well. I'm trying to figure if there is a way to change the default found icon to a smiley face. I've explored everywhere and have been unable to find an option.

you have to name the bmp file to the same than the replaced waypoint is named.

that said: name your smiley bmp to »Geocache Found.bmp«

Happy Hunting

Hans

Saving them as 24 bit worked for me as well. I'm trying to figure if there is a way to change the default found icon to a smiley face. I've explored everywhere and have been unable to find an option.

Happy Hunting

Hans

That worked, thanks. I knew there had to be something simple.

I just re-opened my custom (60CSX) waypoints in Paint, re-save them as 24 bitmap, then just dragged and dropped them in the custom waypoint folder on the GPS. Worked for me.

Happy Hunting

Hans

Ok... I must be missing something here. First there isn't a custom waypoint folder to replace a waypoint. I did however add the new icon to the CustomSymbols folder and named it Geocache Found.bmp but it's not working.

Can some one clarify what the proper procedure is on replacing default icons with custom ones?

Edited by The Ravens