Premium Membership Renewal Robbery!

Chalky723

Just had the following mail -

Greetings from Groundspeak!

This email is to inform you that, according to the terms of our agreement, your Groundspeak Premium Membership has been automatically renewed. We successfully billed your VISA ending in the last four digits xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx for 30.00 USD.

You will continue to have access to all Premium Membership features. Your new account expiration date is October 4, 2011

I had to change my membership options the other month, went for a 3 monthly renewal - looks like they've cocked it up! Has anyone else had anything similar?

Starting to get a bit hacked off with the whole "online" element to this hobby at the moment, its all getting hacked, crashing or just plain not working right!!

Hope things go back to "normal" soon....

Chalky

Firstly I wouldn't call it robbery. That implies intent.

Secondly, you don't say whether you have taken this up with Groundspeak. Instead it looks like you've just posted in the forum to have a go. (This may be a case of a piece of text not showing the true intent of the poster. If it is then I apologise)

Bring your concerns to the right people. Posting in the forum, while it highlights issues to the community, doesn't necessarily do this.

Robbery?

Probably just human/computer error. I'm sure if you email them they will sort it out, credit your Visa and take the quarterly payment instead. Perhaps even before you have to pay the Visa bill <_<

I'm sure they didn't intentionally grab the $30 in one go to boost their cashflow - the problem is probably connected to your recent change of billing arrangements and things just not catching up with themselves in the system.

Don't think it can be associated with the recent hacking of the getsat site either, which is not a GS system.

Drop them an email, I'm sure they'll sort it.

Firstly I wouldn't call it robbery. That implies intent.

Secondly, you don't say whether you have taken this up with Groundspeak. Instead it looks like you've just posted in the forum to have a go. (This may be a case of a piece of text not showing the true intent of the poster. If it is then I apologise)

Bring your concerns to the right people. Posting in the forum, while it highlights issues to the community, doesn't necessarily do this.

Gawd, allow me some artistic licence on the robbery front!! i have reported it to GS, patiently waiting for an answer. The reason for posting was to highlight there may be a snag in the system to the general users & to see if it was an isolated incident.

I recieved confirmation last month when I changed it that my subscription had changed to 3 monthly.

Rgds,

C

hacking? you call trolling hacking?

Sorry, perhaps hacking wasn't the right word - I was referring more to the way people's ID's were copied and someone posted messages in their user name.

I appreciate that wasn't hacking as such, more a feature/flaw/bug/loophole (strooth I'm scared to use any word now in case it's the wrong one) in the getsat system.

I'm sure Chalky knew what I was referring to as, he used the word 'hacked' in the OP.

I apologise if I have upset you with my incorrect terminology. You seem cross with me. I will try and be more careful in future.

I'm sure Chalky knew what I was referring to as, he used the word 'hacked' in the OP.

I apologise if I have upset you with my incorrect terminology. You seem cross with me. I will try and be more careful in future.

I'm just as wrong for using it at the start! :P Still say its closer to hacking than trolling, but I won't lose any sleep over it!

I'm always mildly dissapointed at the high levels of pedantism that you seem to encounter on these forums, never known anything like it!! <_<

I'll toddle off to friendlier climes now....

Those that helped - thanks, those that didn't - :)

Chalky