Ultimate Geo GPS.. If money was not object

Damin69

Ok so I have finally found the ultimate GPS if money was not object With a $3700 price tag this is not going to be in my Arsnal any time soon.

yuma-frontview.jpg

SPECS

Operating System: • Windows 7

Processor: • Intel Atom Z530 1.6 GHz Processor

Storage: • 32GB Solid State Hard Drive

Memory: • 1GB DDR2 Memory

Display: • 7" widescreen 1024x600 WSVGA 650 nit sunlight readable

I/O Ports: • USB 2.0 port (x2), 9-pin serial port (RS-232), DC power port, 32-pin docking, External GPS Antenna via Vehicle Docking Station (Vehicle Docking Station available Q4 2009)

Expansion Slot: • SDIO memory slot

• Express Card 34mm slot

Integrated Options: • Bluetooth

• 802.11 b/g

Camera: • Front facing autofocus 2MP camera (video & photo)

• User facing 1.3MP camera

Keyboard/Input: • Six Keys (power, enter, directional, 3 user programable function buttons

Audio: • Integrated speaker and microphone

Power Supply: • Dual hot-swappable Lithium-Ion batteries, 5100mAmp each

• Standard Battery operation: 4 to 5 hours in normal conditions

• Extended Battery operation: 8 to 9 hours in normal conditions

• Charge time with the AC adapter: 4 hours

• Charge time with docking station: 2 hours

• Vehicle charger: 4 to 6 hours

Software: • User's Manual (Electronic), Internet Explorer, G-Camera software linked to GPS, GPS control software

Accessories: • Batteries, iKey rugged keyboard, screen protectors, hand straps,

• stylus, cleaning cloth, office dock, vehicle charger kit, ac power kit,

• tactical vehicle mount, carry case, and pole mount.

Dimensions & Weight: • 5.5" x 9" x 2"

• 2.6 pounds including strap & standard batteries

• yellow w/black or gray w/black

Durability Features: • IP67 (water, sand, and dust)

• MIL-STD 810F (temperature shock, humidity, water, drop, sand, dust, vibration, and altitude)

Environmental Specifications: • Shock/Drop: tested in accordance with Procedure IV, Transit Drop, for items weighing less than 45.4 kg (100 lbs.), and under 91 cm (36 in.) in its largest dimension. Test items are dropped on each face, edge and corner, for a total of 26 drops at room temperature, from a height of 122 cm (4 ft.). Twelve additional drops were conducted; six at -30 °C (-22 °F) and six at 60 °C (140 °F) for a total of 38 total drops on a plywood on steel surface.

• High Temperature: tested to the Extreme induced conditions standard of seven 24-hour cycles at 70 °C (158 °F)

• Low Temperature: tested to Procedure I, II, III (-30 °C (-22 °F) operating; -40 °C (-40 °F) storage)

• Humidity: tested at 90% relative humidity, through 10 temperature cycles at 0 C (32 °F)/ and 70 °C (158 °F)

• Low Pressure/Altitude: tested to 15,000 feet at 5 °C (41 °F) and 40,000 ft. at -30 °C (-22 °F), MIL-STD-810F, Method 500.4, Procedures I, II, III

http://www.groupmobile.com/product.asp/sku...t+Computer.html

Yeah, the GeoXH would be more appropriate for geocaching. It's got real-time 30 cm and post-processed 10 cm accuracy.

I am not so sure-this may be the death of geocahing. Geocaching started when SA was turned off. But what happens when all GPSs are accurate to within a foot? What happens to geocahing then?

Yeah, the GeoXH would be more appropriate for geocaching. It's got real-time 30 cm and post-processed 10 cm accuracy.

I am not so sure-this may be the death of geocahing. Geocaching started when SA was turned off. But what happens when all GPSs are accurate to within a foot? What happens to geocahing then?

The GeoHX came out about 4 years ago,, and it hasn't killed off Geocaching yet :P

..maybe its +$4000 price tag has something to do with that? <_<

Mind you this is a tablet computer. Fact that is a Computer is Huge you can always tether with a Blackberry for internet. If money is not Object and you don't like the 2-5 meter accuracy They have a Pro HX add on GPS. that is sub meter with post processing. And if you really want to go wild and have sub centimeter accuracy it WILL link up and you can use an RTK GPS GNSS Receiver with it. I just think it is pretty cool and very Rugged. We are looking at purchasing some of these as Field computer for CQQA.

If you want accuracy in the middle of no place aswell as a nice display. Use a Smartphone with a bluetooth and a GPS with Bluetooth. disable your phone service and piggyback off your GPS. The HTC HD2 with some of the free Geocaching apps such as GCZII would be perfect. It links with google maps. Shows you where u are on google maps. It also shows all geocaches in the area aswell as their information and clues. You can even post comments.

GCZII

Cost of phone £350 or free if you have a plan with your network. Cost of a GPS £150 to £300.

Perks. The phone has GPS of its own if yours fails. Its not as great but will do the trick,

You can listen to tons of music on your phone while Geocaching.

A phone is less conspicuous than the insane gear shown above.

With the aid of a few apps you can do anything that gear can do and much more.

You get a Smartphone with a Cam/Videocam, GPS, Organiser, Email, Weather reports and you can call for help if you get lost.

You can interact directly with the Geocaching site with a single application or via the phones 3g or 4g internet connection

You would save a fortune..

Edited by Claudis192