Sad Day Indeed! My first lost bug

Team Golden

Today is a sad day. It has been confirmed that one of my first placed travel bugs Minion Battle Basher has vanished. The bug was placed in a cache and then moved by the cache owner to another one of their caches. This was a thrilling 3 miles. The bug sat and others visited the cache with no comment. I e-mailed two people we went to the cache who didn’t see it. I e-mailed the cache owner who stated they would check but didn’t. I placed a note on the site asking the next person to look to see if it was there. Today I got the dreadful e-mail that he wasn’t there.

The part that bothers me is there is no way you wouldn’t know this was a travel bug. It was placed in a Ziploc bag with Travel Bug written on both sides. A hole was drilled through Minion to thread the chain and the clasp was glued closed with 5-minute epoxy. Along with the tag on the chain was a 3”x5” two sided card. One side mentioned it was a travel bug with his goals. The backside was instructions on how to log the bug. I thought this was fool proof. Apparently it was not. For pictures check out my Batman From Alaska to Milwaukee and you will see the time taken to prevent this.

So my question is do I call him home from the cache is isn’t in? I think it is too early to grave yard him and hope he reappears but have lost hope. It’s funny since when I read ads where people were upset I couldn’t relate and thought it is a bug. I launched the bugs figuring they wouldn’t make it. This is now different. Batman was released in Alaska this week sometime or soon will be and I hope he makes it further!

As for going to the cache to view the log I won’t. The cache is in a poor neighborhood and I really don’t care for the location. People have visited the cache and felt unsafe so why go? The cache even warns you to go in the daylight. It isn’t worth it. At this point he is MIA.

A Sad Team Golden

icon_frown.gif & icon_mad.gif

You could temporarily call him home. If by some quirk he shows up the person who finds it can grab it from your inventory with no additional miles added.

Over hear I've asked the question of "How long should I wait?"

The person logged that they took it, but are now unresponsive to my e-mails and hasn't been back to the Geocaching page since Mid-July. icon_frown.gif

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching