Found a travel bug not logged

Cincinnati Bearcaches

I picked up a travel bug Saturday from a cache. It was placed in only hours before. No surprise that it wasnt logged in when I got back. As of this morning not only was it not logged into the cache I removed it from, but it was still showing as in the previous cache a couple of states away. What is the correct thing for me to do as far as logging this bug? Should I log it into the cache I found it in, then log it out. Or just log it directly out of the first cache? Or give it more time?

Thanks

First off, I'd e-mail the owners. They'd probably be ecstatic to know what's going on. They also might be able to give you a little insight if they know (they might have been in e-mail contact with transporting cachers).

Then I'd give it a week to see if cachers catch up with their logging. If after that point nothing happens, I personally would log the bug into and out of the cache I found so it would accrue the miles, and then go out and place the bug in the real world.

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching