Garmin 60CSx - Saved track log reduced to 500 waypoints

Skippermark

Lately I've been using my Garmin 60CSx to record track logs for geotagging photos later on when I get home.

When I use the active log track log, there are a lot of points, 2900 in fact during a 5 mile hike this weekend.

If I save the active log, it reduces to 500 points and removes the time stamp from the tracks. Is that normal? The time is the key point to geotagging photos.

A friend with a 60CSx also noticed the same thing with his. It removes the time and tosses out some track points an and saves only 500. Any advice? Thoughts?

Lately I've been using my Garmin 60CSx to record track logs for geotagging photos later on when I get home.

When I use the active log track log, there are a lot of points, 2900 in fact during a 5 mile hike this weekend.

If I save the active log, it reduces to 500 points and removes the time stamp from the tracks. Is that normal? The time is the key point to geotagging photos.

A friend with a 60CSx also noticed the same thing with his. It removes the time and tosses out some track points an and saves only 500. Any advice? Thoughts?

Listen, don't panic. Yes, if you save a track it removes all that. If you keep it active it saves all that. But, you have another option. Go to "Tracks" - "setup" - "Data Card Setup"- And check the box for "log track to data card". This stores all the track info on the card. To access it, plug your unit into the computer, and put it into Mass storage mode by holding down the "ON" button for a moment. From there you can access the track info held on the card and open it with your mapsource. All the info will be there.