Getting Started with a TB

Renyoldman

You can do a lot of different things with a Travel Bug. You can have a bug with a specific theme such as this one:

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=8798

I've gotten some pretty good pictures with that travel bug. icon_biggrin.gif

Or, you could just have the but travel around going from cache to cache with out any preset destination or them for it whatsoever like this one.

http://www.geocaching.com/track/track_detail.asp?ID=11061

The beauty of the Travel bugs is they can be just about anything that you want them to be. Let your imagination run wild with it. icon_wink.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Renyoldman:

How would I go about getting my first TB on its way?

I got so carried away about Travel bugs, that I didn't read your question thoroughly. icon_rolleyes.gif

Once you have your TB, activate it, find a cache, place the bug in that cache, then when you log your visit to the cache, and use the drop down menu at the bottom to relase your travel bug into that cache.

Have fun with them. icon_cool.gif

If you are planning your own cache, I would place the TB into your own as a first finders prize, else any cache would do. Once you get your tags and activate them, they are in your inventory, when you post a note or find, you just select the TB you are leaving from your inventory. I use a note when leaving them in my own caches. I also do not release a bug unless I have a picture on the TBs page, I dislike going to a TB page and I cannot see a picture of the TB there so I always get a picture before I send one on their way. I also do not have a digital camera yet so I have to borrow one and this does cause a delay sometimes.

Car37