Travel Bug Sheet

Wild Bill 535

The only thing I know of is this site:

http://www.xsnrg.com/geocachingwa/asp/travelbugsheet1a.asp

But it will produce about a 5" sheet. I am not a computer guy so this is probabl;y doing it the hard way but you could print it, scan it in, and then use your scanning software to reduce the size. Godd Luck. ( I am only making this suggestion becasue I see that 46 people have looked at this post and no one has replied so my effort can't be too bad.) icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks for including our link, Cannonlaw. The TB Sheet is on our WSGA web site. I've designed two different sizes. One is for a 1 qt. baggie, the other will fit in a sandwhich baggie. The idea was to put it in a ziplock bag with the Travel Bug.

I could make an even smaller one, but it would not have the photo and the writing would get pretty small. Editing the text really defeats the purpose. The idea is to give people ALL of the information that they will need to successfully log a Travel Bug.

But I am wondering how much demand there is for a smaller size. If enough people want one, I'll work on it. (I just remembered that I'm supposed to post one in French, too. I'll do that soon.)

- Seth!

icon_geocachingwa.gif

I looked at the sheet you have and used it as a example to make a smaller one. I touched on the major points so as to keep my bug from being taken from somone not knowing anything about the travel Bugs.I encluded most all of the info but took out the picture and the travel bug image to save a little space. thanks for the great idea. Bill icon_eek.gif

Wild Bill

We would be very interested in a small tag (about the same size as the bug tag) that we could laminate and attach TO the bug. No real need for the pictures. We would worry that a bug and bag would soon part ways, and many of the caches we run across seem to be quite small. Our first travel bug Fudgie has gone missing icon_mad.gif (snatched by a non-logging first-timer). He had his tag on and a small print laminated paper with his goal (also attached to him), but apparently that was not clear enough. Perhaps something we would print on red or orange paper. We're very depressed as Fudgie had only made it to one other cache.

I like your T-Bug information sheet Seth! Thanks for going to the effort to share it with others. I used it for one of my T-Bugs. I think it is much larger than necessary though (I see no need to have a photo on the card since the card is already with the actual T-Bug).

Something the size of a business card would be great. I know that the size you choose is intended to fit into a standard sandwich bag, but I like to laminate the info sheet, poke a hole in it and attach it right to the T-Bug. A smaller size works best for that purpose.

RM