Browsing Public/Shared Bookmark Lists

kcarwile

I'm putting together a few bookmark lists for caches in my area that are my favorites for different reasons. I.E. Head Scratchers, Scenic Views, Etc.

And being able to share these bookmark lists with others is great... except for I cannot figure out where to go to browse the bookmark lists that others have created to share.

What's up with that?

Here are two easy ways.

1) On any cache page, there will be a list of bookmarks that this cache was included in, IF THEY EXIST. Just click on one.

I looked at the last 5 caches you found. Only one contained bookmarks (other than yours):

"Whose bright idea was it?" has several bookmarks.

For example, you'll notice one is a bookmark of 5star caches by LewisClan77

2) On any member in the forum or on a cache page, just click on their name to get their profile page. Then click on their bookmark list.

I did this for you and see one bookmark, containing one cache, so far.

I only have one, and it's not much to look at, alas.

But, if you click on LewisClan77, you will see a list of other bookmarks that they have made public.

Hope that helps.

Edited by michigansnorkelers

It just seems to me that the real value of bookmark lists is in me being able to discover caches that I may never have known about or thought to visit. This is sort of counter productive if I have to find a cache first that is part of the bookmark list in order to find the list itself.

I just thought it would be great to be able to search for bookmark lists based on keywords in the list title or description. If people can rate your bookmark lists, wouldn't it be reasonable to let the community see the ones that are highly rated?

It just seems to me that the real value of bookmark lists is in me being able to discover caches that I may never have known about or thought to visit. This is sort of counter productive if I have to find a cache first that is part of the bookmark list in order to find the list itself.

I just thought it would be great to be able to search for bookmark lists based on keywords in the list title or description. If people can rate your bookmark lists, wouldn't it be reasonable to let the community see the ones that are highly rated?

You are completly right!

I don't understand how it is possible that there is no link to a bookmark list search on the site!

Edited by philooou

Hello everybody, 

I know it's an old topic, but I couldn't find an modern solution.

How do I find,  starting from my dashboard, all the well rated bookmark lists that are shared public on geocaching.com? There should be a possibility to search all the list by words like "lockpicking".

Because this post has to be approved by an moderator, I hope to get an answer that helps. Even if it says, "Hey dude, open your eyes! You're problem is solved..."

CU

Piepe78 

4 hours ago, piepe78 said:

How do I find,  starting from my dashboard, all the well rated bookmark lists that are shared public on geocaching.com?

I'm not aware of a function to search lists from the dashboard page.

4 hours ago, piepe78 said:

There should be a possibility to search all the list by words like "lockpicking".

It sounds like a good suggestion.

Meanwhile, you can try doing a Google search for keywords, using the site:geocaching.com qualifier. Using

lockpick bookmark site:https://www.geocaching.com/

I found several lockpick bookmark lists.

Thanks for the quick answers guys. 

I know the workaround Google search. But I don't think that's the right way to do in 2022.

So searching public shared bookmark lists by keywords is still missing.

Next question is, if I have found several lists, is it possible to save them? Not by duplicating them as my own list. I think of an function similarto "follow topic".

And, last but not least, if my suggestions are good, how is it possible to address them to the developers?

CU

Piepe78 

8 minutes ago, piepe78 said:

Next question is, if I have found several lists, is it possible to save them? Not by duplicating them as my own list. I think of an function similarto "follow topic".

You can bookmark the page in your browser, and then follow the browser bookmark to return to the list later. I don't know of any other way.

10 minutes ago, piepe78 said:

And, last but not least, if my suggestions are good, how is it possible to address them to the developers?

Here you go:

https://forums.geocaching.com/GC/index.php?/forum/139-website/