Downloading Pocket Queries to GPS

ChadHahn

If you have "easygps" loaded, just execute your zip file that the PQ put on your computer via email, and it will bring up "easygps", then just tell it to "send" to Gps, and it's a done deal. Of course your PC has to recognize your GPS, if it's a Garmin you need Garmin Communicator loaded also.

what i do is download the gpx file from my pocket query then i use mapsource to open it then i use it to upload them to my gps

I have a Mac computer. I downloaded the .gpx query file and opened it in Base Camp which I think is like Mapsource. All the caches showed up. I then clicked on send to GPS and a file shows up on the GPS when I open the gpx folder but when I go to the geocaching button on the Dakota it says there are no files.

Chad

Download the GPX file to your computer and then just manually copy the file to the /garmin/gpx folder on the GPS unit (or the memory card).

You don't need special software with that unit.

I've done that as well and it doesn't show up. I should clarify that this is the .gpx file that comes from the pocket query. If I download an individual .gpx file, it shows up on my GPS.

Chad

Edited by ChadHahn