Garmin & Premium Membership

K9JCA

I just received a Garmin Oregon 450 and I thought I saw somewhere where Garmin will provide a short term premium membership (which I obviously wish to take advantage of) but I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it. Does anyone know? Thank you.

Here it is --> http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx. Just got myself an extra 30 days on my Premium Membership by purchasing a Oregon 450. :P

I just received a Garmin Oregon 450 and I thought I saw somewhere where Garmin will provide a short term premium membership (which I obviously wish to take advantage of) but I cannot for the life of me remember where I saw it. Does anyone know? Thank you.

Here it is --> http://www.geocaching.com/garmin/freetrial.aspx. Just got myself an extra 30 days on my Premium Membership by purchasing a Oregon 450. :P

Hey, thanks for the info. I just got an extra 30 days as well on my 62s. Too easy!

That was easy enough to get the "premium membership" set up, however, I sent a cache to my new oregon 450 but it is telling me that if I want to see the hints, etc that I need to be a premium member?? Thought I was a premium member for the next month. Any ideas?
Might not have propagated that fast. I see you as premium over at gc.com now, though. If you're clicking on "Send to GPS", it should let you click the "Write" button and verify the success of the transmit. Keep trying.

I am already a Premium member, and just bought a new Garmin, so I thought I would act on the free 30 days, but I am having trouble. It's saying that I have not registered my GPSr, and I have registered it 3 times!! Can anyone help?

You might need to recheck your registration at my.garmin.com

You can also check that the Garmin Communicator Plugin is working as it should --> http://www8.garmin.com/products/communicator/test/

Failing that, maybe try in another browser and see if you get the same results.

Hi! Same thing happened to me - I was supposed to get a 30-day premium membership but when my Garmin arrived I could find no info on how to activate the trial membership. I sent an email to Groundspeak who I bought the GPS through and asked. They replied that there should have been a seperate piece of paper with an activation code on it. I sent another email and said that since I could not locate the slip of paper, could they just send me a new activation code. They did without a problem.

I kind of thought that would have been obvious from the beginning, but I guess I should have cut-to-the-chase on the first email to save time.

Hope that helps!

I didn't have any problems activating the 8000 year trial membership, I just added my Oregon 450 to my devices at garmin.com then clicked the 'activate' button on the geocaching.com website, and it says I am now a premium member until 01/01/0001 :)

Think I might investigate that one a bit further ...

Gary

I didn't have any problems activating the 8000 year trial membership, I just added my Oregon 450 to my devices at garmin.com then clicked the 'activate' button on the geocaching.com website, and it says I am now a premium member until 01/01/0001 :)

Think I might investigate that one a bit further ...

Gary

I got this message too. When you go back into your profile, you will notice that only 30 days has been added to the 'Renewal Date'.

Hi there,

Same here, received mine today and I wanna get started!!!!! So excited! If you find some good tips let me know!

Carol

Aha ! I checked that at the time and again about half an hour later and nothing had been added, but it has indeed been extended by a month now.

Can I claim another 30 days for each of my other garmins ? :huh:

Gary

I was wondering the same thing, so I dialed up a couple more of my units, registered them at Garmin (had not done so before), back to gc.com for the +30 special, and yup. I'm now 90 days further down the road than I was before.