Personal Travel Bug Etiquette?

Zuckerruebensirup

I've decided to turn my newest travel bug, S.A.M., into a personal travel logger, rather than releasing it as a traditional travel bug. I've seen others do this, and I like the idea of being able to view a quick list (or map) of my Geocaching adventures.

My question is this: Is it kosher to backtrack through my pre-existing geocache visits, so that the history will reflect all of my travels from day one? Or would that be considered 'cheating', since SAM didn't actually visit all of those caches with me?

You *know* how I feel about this...it's your tag number, do with it what you wish. If people don't like it, show them the original TB announcement that says (to paraphrase) anything is possible.

You could probably even have a T-shirt made with a photo of your TB tag and wear it to all your cache visits and log it in. icon_smile.gif

You *know* how I feel about this...it's your tag number, do with it what you wish. If people don't like it, show them the original TB announcement that says (to paraphrase) anything is possible.

You could probably even have a T-shirt made with a photo of your TB tag and wear it to all your cache visits and log it in. icon_smile.gif

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Johnson:

I like this idea. It will [give] me a running total of my geocaching mileage. Now I need to order some more bugs.

Thanks!

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif But actually, the idea itself isn't mine. I found it on an earlier forum posting here. Before copying the idea, though, I wanted to get a concensus on whether would be acceptable to include my previous pre-SAM cache stops or not.

But so far, the vote is pretty balanced: 2 votes for No, 2 for Yes, 3 for 'Don't use the PTL at all', and 11 for 'Do what you want'. A lot of help you guys are! icon_razz.gif)

quote:
Originally posted by Scott Johnson:

I like this idea. It will [give] me a running total of my geocaching mileage. Now I need to order some more bugs.

Thanks!

You're welcome. icon_smile.gif But actually, the idea itself isn't mine. I found it on an earlier forum posting here. Before copying the idea, though, I wanted to get a concensus on whether would be acceptable to include my previous pre-SAM cache stops or not.

But so far, the vote is pretty balanced: 2 votes for No, 2 for Yes, 3 for 'Don't use the PTL at all', and 11 for 'Do what you want'. A lot of help you guys are! icon_razz.gif)

I have a personal tracker bug, and only hope my wife never sees the page. She would really be upset if she saw how many miles I have put into this hobby. On the other hand, I haven't made up my mind about going back to cache #1 to make it complete. I only started after a friend gave me the bug, but maybe if there are a few spare hours sometime (as if). icon_biggrin.gif

I have a personal tracker bug, and only hope my wife never sees the page. She would really be upset if she saw how many miles I have put into this hobby. On the other hand, I haven't made up my mind about going back to cache #1 to make it complete. I only started after a friend gave me the bug, but maybe if there are a few spare hours sometime (as if). icon_biggrin.gif

We voted for "do what you want!". However, we have a personal travel bug, Jabba (TB14F), who would feel very disappointed if he were logged into caches that he did not actually visit. So we only log him into caches he has seen. But to each his own! There are personal Travel Bugs and then there "really personal" Travel Bugs which Jabba is considered to us. Do what you want and enjoy!!