GPS for schools

Hi everyone,

I'm a teacher hoping to help 6th graders learn geography, lat/lon, etc. with a bit of geocaching - but, being a teacher, I don't want their GPS to do much for them. I'm hoping to find a relatively inexpensive GPS that has lat/lon and maybe a compass, but really nothing more - so that they *need* to move around, see how their coordinates change, and use that to figure out where a cache might be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

DLFR

Hi everyone,

I'm a teacher hoping to help 6th graders learn geography, lat/lon, etc. with a bit of geocaching - but, being a teacher, I don't want their GPS to do much for them. I'm hoping to find a relatively inexpensive GPS that has lat/lon and maybe a compass, but really nothing more - so that they *need* to move around, see how their coordinates change, and use that to figure out where a cache might be.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

DLFR

A geomate jr., from Apisphere, might be what you need. You can put in custom caches,that you hide yourself,and let the children find them.It also comes with caches pre-installed for your area.You will need one update kit to update all the geomates.It is very easy and very accurate.