Who's Geo caching on two wheels?

Scooter Rider

As you can guess from my nick I ride a scooter.

Just wanting to see if any one else is on two wheels be it bicycle scooter or motorcycle.

Its all about the ride and not what you ride that counts.

My ride is a 09 Kymco Grand Vista 250cc The reason I like it for cache hunting is its a blast to ride and gets 70 MPG.

So what do you like about cache hunting on two wheels?

I get out on my ancient mountain bike now and then. A couple of weeks back I hit the steep, hot, dusty trails at the north end of Lake Del Valle, seeking this cache.

Nice to know I can still turn them over, but I need to be doing this more often to keep my fitness up.

I've tried handlebar mount for a GPSr, but think the shock contributed to the early death of my Etrex Vista (died of display failure.) I generally keep the GPSr in a clip on my shoulder while riding.

H.D. Sportsters here... CJ has a 883 low and mine's a 1200C

Gas the way it is, we try to get as much use out of the bikes we can.

She uses one of those wrist gpsr gizmos while ridin', while I have a mount for my Nuvi.

Both of us have saddle bags for all the gear.

On rails&trails and going distance, we both have Raleigh crossover bikes for the varied terrain.

As you can guess from my nick I ride a scooter.

Just wanting to see if any one else is on two wheels be it bicycle scooter or motorcycle.

Its all about the ride and not what you ride that counts.

My ride is a 09 Kymco Grand Vista 250cc The reason I like it for cache hunting is its a blast to ride and gets 70 MPG.

So what do you like about cache hunting on two wheels?

I'm using my dual suspension Cannondale mountain bike to get to places in a 20 mile radius from my house. Here's a pic:

DSCF2749.jpg

Geocachers need to hike and bike more when getting to their caches, don't you think? :-)

Since i lost 3 tendons attached to my right roto-cuff and now have a bad aortic valve that needs to come out, i am not riding my Honda 250 Big Ruckus. So tomorrow we are going to trailer it from our home in Bremerton, WA to near Jackson, Wy and give it to my grandson. He already has my fly fishing equipment and golf clubs. I even sent him my Etrex Vista a few weeks ago. Yes, it is my only grandson. Sure enjoyed geocaching with the Big Ruckus.About the only thing that works anymore is my mouth.

Since i lost 3 tendons attached to my right roto-cuff and now have a bad aortic valve that needs to come out, i am not riding my Honda 250 Big Ruckus. So tomorrow we are going to trailer it from our home in Bremerton, WA to near Jackson, Wy and give it to my grandson. He already has my fly fishing equipment and golf clubs. I even sent him my Etrex Vista a few weeks ago. Yes, it is my only grandson. Sure enjoyed geocaching with the Big Ruckus.About the only thing that works anymore is my mouth.

Oh yea the big Ruck is a sweet scoot I wish I could get my hands on one.

Hang in there

W7WT DE N8QJU

We are a family of four and usually in a minivan, but occasionally we will ride our bicycles, particularly when caching along bike trails.

I also have a '96 Honda Magna 750 but due to back problems, I've only ridden it once in the past two years. My back's doing better after a fusion last August and just yesterday I put fresh gas in it and am trying to get it running better again. Two years of sitting is not so good for anything with carbs! Assuming I get it running smoothly again, I hope to do some solo caching on the Magna every now and then as well.

I hunt caches using my mountain bike a lot, but am having to go further and further from home to get a spot I haven't hit already. Or I take my motorcycle.. a Husqvarna TE610 dual sport which doesn't quite get 70mpg, but it can get me places you could not get to on a street machine or even a 4x4 unless it was a real rock crawler. I also have a smaller dirt bike that I can get up on the really extreme areas

We are a family of four and usually in a minivan, but occasionally we will ride our bicycles, particularly when caching along bike trails.

I also have a '96 Honda Magna 750 but due to back problems, I've only ridden it once in the past two years. My back's doing better after a fusion last August and just yesterday I put fresh gas in it and am trying to get it running better again. Two years of sitting is not so good for anything with carbs! Assuming I get it running smoothly again, I hope to do some solo caching on the Magna every now and then as well.

going to need more then fresh gas my friend.. a carb rebuild is probably in order.. should have four right? seals, jets and the float bowl can all have particulates or have fuel varnish in them.. so even if you got it running, some tiny particle could get lose and clog one of your circuits.

good luck with the recovery and getting the bike going again

We have a little group here in Northern NJ that goes out caching on bicycles on a fairly regular basis.

Little Known Fact: It is impossible to hold a negative thought while riding a bicycle.

Psychiatric community is trying to determine what that is--but it is true--and there is no known rational explanation. One theory is that the repetitive motion coupled with exposure to the natural surroundings triggers a physical brain shift that blocks negativity. But it is such a powerful response that bicycling is being prescribed for some people who suffer with depression.

going to need more then fresh gas my friend.. a carb rebuild is probably in order.. should have four right? seals, jets and the float bowl can all have particulates or have fuel varnish in them.. so even if you got it running, some tiny particle could get lose and clog one of your circuits.

Yeah, four carbs, and I'm facing the probability of a carb rebuild. However, I've found lots of people on the web swearing by Seafoam. I didn't get a chance to try starting it yesterday but the day before I added Seafoam to the fresh gas before firing it up. I just ran the engine in the driveway but I noticed a pretty big difference in engine performance after about a half hour of running. I'm hoping to look at it again today and if it seems to run good enough for a ride I want to take it on the highway and open it up.

I'm hoping for the best but bracing for the worst! <_<

No luck today. Still not idling right, backfiring, and hard to keep running without the choke. I brought it over to the motorcycle shop and hopefully I'll have it back next week. <_<

We have a little group here in Northern NJ that goes out caching on bicycles on a fairly regular basis.

Little Known Fact: It is impossible to hold a negative thought while riding a bicycle.

Psychiatric community is trying to determine what that is--but it is true--and there is no known rational explanation. One theory is that the repetitive motion coupled with exposure to the natural surroundings triggers a physical brain shift that blocks negativity. But it is such a powerful response that bicycling is being prescribed for some people who suffer with depression.

This work with scooters and motorcycles as well <_<

( Only riders know why dogs stick there heads out car windows) ( by unknown)

I have an old Giant bicycle that I paid 30 bucks for at a yard sale three years ago. many good times and caches on trails in my local area.

I've also rented bicycles in other cities while attending conferences and had some good caching trips that way.

One day I rented a bike in NYC, took it on the subway to the tip of Manhattan, found a bunch of caches in a nice park. I intended to ride all the way back, but ended up getting on another subway back to the bike rental. Guess you could say that was caching on 26 wheels!

Just posted this vid in a separate dog thread ... but seems to fit here as well. This is our bike setup with our dogs. I guess technically it's a 4 wheel setup.

Video - cycling with Jacks

Just purchased a garmin 62ST with bicycle mounts. Haven't installed it on the bike yet. I'm hoping it's relatively solid.

Peddle faster Dad peddle faster :D

Jacks 30 pounds of dynamite in a 5 pound package ;)

I've done some bicycle caching and plan to do more this winter. I like bicycle caching either for parks with bike-friendly trails and urban areas where there are many caches but a lack of parking for most of them.

I did a great deal of bicycling in middle and high school but stopped after I got a license and a car. Bike-n-cache trips are a good way for me to get back in the habit.

i've started running the two wheelers off the road....

makes it easier to be FTF... or get to the good swag first.

;):ph34r:

Pre ride Scooter check list

Brakes and lights check

tires check

Cut down 50 cal check

Twin RPGs check

Com system check Say hello to my little friends Thunder

Now BulldogBlitz you have to ask your self Do you feel lucky, Now do you :D:huh::)

Edited by Scooter Rider