DISTURBING

There is enough blame to go around. A few thoughtless cachers wrecked the flowerbed AND the CO placed a cache in an area that couldn't handle the few bad cachers that we all know are out there.

The owner does bear part of the blame. Place a cache where people have to walk through a flower bed or a similarly fragile area, even the most careful geocachers may accidentally step wrong.

Have to?

There is enough blame to go around. A few thoughtless cachers wrecked the flowerbed AND the CO placed a cache in an area that couldn't handle the few bad cachers that we all know are out there.

The owner does bear part of the blame. Place a cache where people have to walk through a flower bed or a similarly fragile area, even the most careful geocachers may accidentally step wrong.

Have to?

Picking nits? The point is clear enough. Cache in a tree. Garden around said tree. In order to reach the cache you need to enter the garden. I understand there is no rule that folks have to log every cache, that doesn't make the CO any less a part of the problem.

Have to?

Picking nits? The point is clear enough. Cache in a tree. Garden around said tree. In order to reach the cache you need to enter the garden. I understand there is no rule that folks have to log every cache, that doesn't make the CO any less a part of the problem.

It's only a nit if the cache could not have been removed and replaced without stomping flowers. If it could, then cachers had three options; make the find without damaging anything, make teh find by damaging the plants, or ignore the cache.

This is the reason I always carry a sidearm when I geocache.

Is that to pistol whip the common sense back into them? :)

You can fix ignorant, but you can't fix stupid. Sounds like this "herbologist", was an eco-nazi or something. I bet it took them a whole 4 weeks of study to buy their "degree" off the internet.