Another death of a bug...

Markwell

I'm still hoping, but it doesn't look good.

My very first bug is AWOL (careful - there's MIDI music, but you can shut it off).

After trekking 2072.26 miles across country and safely making its first goal, my bug has been taken by someone who evidently has disappeared from Geocaching. Sadlegs' last find was June 16, and his last login to the Geocaching site was July 20. I've sent numerous e-mails, but have not had any response.

I have a clone of the bug, ready for just such an occassion. I do believe I have his copy tag - if not, I have his 1/4 sheet bug card. I've got a few cachers that I know in the area that I could snail mail the clone to and have them continue his journey.

So the question is:

How long should I wait?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:
Originally posted by Markwell:

I have a clone of the bug, ready for just such an occassion.

quote:
Originally posted by welch:

sorry to hear about Geoffrey he was a cool bug...

He will be back. When I say I have a clone of him, it is an exact duplicate of the character. I'll probably start him off before his one year anniversary on October 9. Heck, I was hoping he'd get to Tennessee before then. Oh well.

The question still stands: How long should I wait before sending out a replacement for Geoffrey to someone in California?

Markwell

Chicago Geocaching

quote:

quote:

quote:

He will be back. When I say I have a clone of him, it is an exact duplicate of the character. I'll probably start him off before his one year anniversary on October 9. Heck, I was hoping he'd get to Tennessee before then. Oh well.

The question still stands: _How long should I wait before sending out a replacement for Geoffrey to someone in California?_

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

yea i know he'll be back, but it just isnt the same. icon_frown.gif

if i remember it right, your clone doesn't have the flashlight, but it looks like it was lost anyways...

I would wait 3 months from when he went missing, and its been 2+months so in a few weeks set the clone on its way.

Will his* (the clone's) mission be to start at the last know cache and proceed to the uh. the giving tree(sp)?

quote:

quote:

quote:

The question still stands: _How long should I wait before sending out a replacement for Geoffrey to someone in California?_

http://www.markwell.us

http://www.chicagogeocaching.com

yea i know he'll be back, but it just isnt the same. icon_frown.gif

if i remember it right, your clone doesn't have the flashlight, but it looks like it was lost anyways...

I would wait 3 months from when he went missing, and its been 2+months so in a few weeks set the clone on its way.

Will his* (the clone's) mission be to start at the last know cache and proceed to the uh. the giving tree(sp)?

NEWS FLASH

Geoffrey has been located in Phoenix in the Have Bug, Will Travel cache. He seems to have been mugged in California, stripped of his identity, and has amnesia. How he got to Phoenix is still a mystery. We are nursing him back to health and he will be ready to travel soon. He is coming around, but still won't talk! He does seem elated to have learned his identity though.

Do you want to send him a new tag for his journy, or shall we send him naked?

You can email me if you wish.

azshtr

icon_smile.gif

NEWS FLASH

Geoffrey has been located in Phoenix in the Have Bug, Will Travel cache. He seems to have been mugged in California, stripped of his identity, and has amnesia. How he got to Phoenix is still a mystery. We are nursing him back to health and he will be ready to travel soon. He is coming around, but still won't talk! He does seem elated to have learned his identity though.

Do you want to send him a new tag for his journy, or shall we send him naked?

You can email me if you wish.

azshtr

icon_smile.gif

Markwell, Glad your travelbug has been found! Having just released my first bug into the wild, I too was pondering the question of how long to wait if it was to go MIA. I would think that if there was no notification of movement within 2 to 4 weeks, I would try contacting the last known holder, and put out a general APB for folks to be on the lookout. After 3 months of being AWOL I would assume the worse. Just my 2 cents. YMMV

-Centaur