Can't Get No Satisfaction

JL_HSTRE

I really hated the layout of GetSatisfaction as it made following conversations a bit difficult. But perhaps the point wasn't really to have a long drawn out discussion anyway like we have in the forums with a thousand responses.

I've been using GetSat for awhile, and the sites that used it did so for support only.

If someone had a question, they'd posted their question, an employee would reply back with an answer or looking for more info. The person would reply back with more info, and it would kind of go back and forth like that till it was fixed.

The site was not used as a discussion board. Like with the nano container size question. Someone posted they'd like to see the change. A few people commented on it, and Groundspeak said it's under consideration. That's it. That should be the end of the conversation. Groundspeak's considering it. They may do it, or they may not. No need to keep debating back and forth whether the current size is good enough or not. Something like that should happen in the forums.

Agreed. Get Satisfaction is laid out as a customer feedback site not as a discussion site. If a suggestion is controversial then take the discussion to a discussion board. Or if a user just wants to float an idea to see what the community thinks before suggesting it formally, do that on a discussion board. Or if someone has a problem that they want other users (not the company) to help them solve, take that to a disscussion board. Even post in two places, one for company responses and the other for user discussion.

Perhaps Get Satisfaction should limit responses to company employees. People could still vote that they like an idea. If they don't like an idea, the can start a discussion in the discussion forum. Of course then, TPTB would have to look to see if there were points made by other users that would effect how they view some suggestion that got 3500 "I like this votes", but I don't see why they can't monitor the discussion forums as well as a feedback site.

That would make more sense. However, with no other way to voice dissent on an idea they should have a dislike option right along side the like option. Or get rid of the like option. The yeas and nays should be in the same place.

can any of the moderators site administrators actually answer my question i asked, now for the 3rd time?

how do i log in to Get Satisfaction?

I have this problem too.

I actually had to reset my password this morning, once I did that I could log in.

i don't like fiddling with my password if i don't have to

i just want my question answered with a proper solution

so far being ignored for whatever reason

Fixed that for you. Moderators here have nothing to do with GetSat.

I imagine, as mentioned above, that most are just coming off of the long holiday weekend. Jeremy was the only active person I saw this weekend. Logging in is one of the problems with GetSat. I had to relog in myself over the weekend, but then again I changed my passwords quickly this weekend since at first I thought my entire account was hacked. Then I realized that the user name was only being mirrored. I also have a global GetSat account. You could try getting that to work on the main site, and then maybe you could get back into the Groundspeak part.

By the way, for best action, I would send an email to the contact address regarding the password problems. My guess is that they would not look at this topic anyway. That was the whole point of GetSat. If you cannot login, email the contact address I guess. That would be my best advice.

Edited by mtn-man
so why is the offensive thread about adult caches still stands in all its glory 2 days after i reported it? :)

its exactly what i told Jeremy, at least in the forums the moderating team has full control

he seems to have his mind set on an off site service though

So that when the GetSat people finally decide to come back to work, they will see it in all its glory. That includes one post there near the bottom that says it is posted by me, but mousing over the account name shows the account with the added numbers after it. It proves the fraudulent posting.

very interesting, the thread is still there, obviously they are back to work because that post made in your name has been removed

can any of the moderators site administrators actually answer my question i asked, now for the 3rd time?

I have this problem too.

I actually had to reset my password this morning, once I did that I could log in.

Fixed that for you. Moderators here have nothing to do with GetSat.

I imagine, as mentioned above, that most are just coming off of the long holiday weekend. Jeremy was the only active person I saw this weekend. Logging in is one of the problems with GetSat. I had to relog in myself over the weekend, but then again I changed my passwords quickly this weekend since at first I thought my entire account was hacked. Then I realized that the user name was only being mirrored. I also have a global GetSat account. You could try getting that to work on the main site, and then maybe you could get back into the Groundspeak part.

i'm posting in the GC forums so i expect someone here to answer my question since you guys are moderators/watchers/staff for GC on the Get Satisfaction site too

what site administrators are you referring to?

still no solution to my question though

how is it that so many others are actively posting there, can't be that everyone has changed their password

edit: i logged out of GC and logged back in still no access to FEEDBACK

its really starting to get on my nerves now, i would gladly complain to the Get Satisfaction directly but it doesn't even let me sign up

Edited by t4e
so why is the offensive thread about adult caches still stands in all its glory 2 days after i reported it? :)

its exactly what i told Jeremy, at least in the forums the moderating team has full control

he seems to have his mind set on an off site service though

So that when the GetSat people finally decide to come back to work, they will see it in all its glory. That includes one post there near the bottom that says it is posted by me, but mousing over the account name shows the account with the added numbers after it. It proves the fraudulent posting.

very interesting, the thread is still there, obviously they are back to work because that post made in your name has been removed

Big wow. They made it so you had to click one more time to see it. getsat obviously doesn't have the dedication to family friendly as Groundspeak.

what site administrators are you referring to?
Like Jeremy or Elias, that high up, which is part of the pain in the neck with the site. Email the contact address is my best advice.

still no solution to my question though

how is it that so many others are actively posting there, can't be that everyone has changed their password

edit: i logged out of GC and logged back in still no access to FEEDBACK

its really starting to get on my nerves now, i would gladly complain to the Get Satisfaction directly but it doesn't even let me sign up

I know of some that never got signed up despite trying and trying. That is another problem with them.

I think they are using some of that as an example of how bad it can get. Let people within the company see it first, then get rid of it. Also, see if you can document IP addresses since this went over the line into fraud.

It isn't possible to lock it and hide it without deleting it?

I don't think so. Not sure. Usually the change logs show it as deleted and why.

I think they are using some of that as an example of how bad it can get. Let people within the company see it first, then get rid of it. Also, see if you can document IP addresses since this went over the line into fraud.

It isn't possible to lock it and hide it without deleting it?

I don't think so. Not sure. Usually the change logs show it as deleted and why.

Haha, just keeps getting better and better.

can any of the moderators actually answer my question i asked, now for the 3rd time?

I have this problem too.

I can't log in either, using my geocaching account. But I was able to create a GetSat user account, but had to use a different e-mail address. Once the account was created, I was able to change my screen name to "buckeyeclan". Wow, that just seems wrong!

I skimmed a few of these posts just to see what the drama was about.

Is it wrong that it made me laugh that the "moderator" wanted to talk to the person causing issues to see if she could get him to stop.

Sure yea and hey while we're at it just tell the big kids on the bus that you don't like it when they beat you up and take your lunch money.

The login at GetSat is working for me, but it seems to be having me go to a couple different screens before letting me in.

It's basic, but have you tried removing cookie or maybe a different browser?

The login at GetSat is working for me, but it seems to be having me go to a couple different screens before letting me in.

removed cookies and tried with different browser, no go

can you actually report this as a problem in the Get satisfaction section?

i would if i could, which it may be a good thing because i would also give them a piece of my mind, and its not pretty

i would if i could, which it may be a good thing because i would also give them a piece of my mind, and its not pretty

I just reported it. Can't log on

Yes, I'll report it. I saw a post a couple threads above that someone couldn't log in using their Geocaching account login name/info and had to create a new account. I never used my GC account to log in since I had an account setup there before. Maybe that's why I'm not having any problems.

I emailed their contact section directly as well as posting a note in the Groundspeak section. I was unable to find a general GetSat help area to post it.

Here's a copy of what I posted in the GC section:

Several users in the Groundspeak Forums are saying that they are no longer able to log into the Get Satisfaction site using their geocaching site log in info and had to create a direct Get Satisfaction.

Since they are unable to get onto the site, I am writing on their behalf and wondered if there's any insight anyone could offer. I have also emailed the Get Satisfaction site directly to see if they had any thoughts.

One user who is unable to get in is http://feedback.geocaching.com/people/T4E

He had to reset his password earlier in the day and now it won't let him log in.

Thank you,

Mark

Edited by Skippermark

I cached for over a year before I figured out how to access the forums. If TPTB would have "advertised" and advocated use and reading of the forums then that complete ClusterBomb GetSat mess would never have to be used. I tried GetSat several times and completely despise it. If I am expected to use it then I will find any other site to get the information I'm looking for. When I need to look up information I want to be able to do it quickly and easily. GetSat is the equivalent of asked the IRS for help filling out your tax forms. I'd rather eat ground glass with Cool Whip than use GetSat again. :)

I cached for over a year before I figured out how to access the forums. If TPTB would have "advertised" and advocated use and reading of the forums then that complete ClusterBomb GetSat mess would never have to be used. I tried GetSat several times and completely despise it. If I am expected to use it then I will find any other site to get the information I'm looking for. When I need to look up information I want to be able to do it quickly and easily. GetSat is the equivalent of asked the IRS for help filling out your tax forms. I'd rather eat ground glass with Cool Whip than use GetSat again. :)

So it could be said that you have not got satisfaction?

Interesting reply to Skippermark's topic from Jeremy...

We turned off the integration to Geocaching.com today. Since there is no ability for us to moderate our customers we are likely switching to an alternative site.

So in the meantime can the old forums be turned back on so that people have a place to give feedback? :)

So it could be said that you have not got satisfaction?

GOF: U got that right! I ain't got no satisfaction! :):):)

Just to add another voice to the mix... Get Satisfaction is not satisfying. The user interface annoyed me at first and now I just avoid even going over there.

I LIKE the idea of the Feedback button taking folks to a FEEDBACK section of the forums. That would be ideal.

That Get Satisfaction place was not pleasant to read through and explore. I haven't even bothered getting a login for it, I don't want to give them my info even if they are associated in some way with Groundspeak.

Jennifer

I cached for over a year before I figured out how to access the forums. If TPTB would have "advertised" and advocated use and reading of the forums...

A little off topic, but this caught my attention. I really don't like to point stuff like this out, but:

6a44ddfc-c262-4341-af4a-f54c36cc371c.jpg

It's kind of like the sticky posts on the forums once you're here. There's one at the top of the Getting Started labeled "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions", but I feel that I'm constantly answering the same questions from those posts...

OK - resume topic, please.

Just to add another voice to the mix... Get Satisfaction is not satisfying. The user interface annoyed me at first and now I just avoid even going over there.

I LIKE the idea of the Feedback button taking folks to a FEEDBACK section of the forums. That would be ideal.

That Get Satisfaction place was not pleasant to read through and explore. I haven't even bothered getting a login for it, I don't want to give them my info even if they are associated in some way with Groundspeak.

Jennifer

I agree wholeheartedly!

While I don't like the overall workings of GetSat, there are few things that I DO like. I like being able to "Like" a suggestion, and/or vote for a good comment without having to post a comment. You just can't do that in these forums. (You really don't want 500 people posting to a topic just to say "I agree!") GetSat seems to have attracted a lot of people that don't normally post in the forums. And I can see why TPTB want something other than the existing forums to gather feedback. Hopefully the next solution will work out better than this one.

It's kind of like the sticky posts on the forums once you're here. There's one at the top of the Getting Started labeled "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions", but I feel that I'm constantly answering the same questions from those posts...

that little thing on the left is not as prominent as the FEEDBACK button was

really?...unless i'm blind i don't see any "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions" at the top of Getting Started :P

Untitledfrontpage.jpg

Jennifer

I agree wholeheartedly!

I'm in complete agreement as well. We can have a special section of these forums that can easily do what was promised by Get Satisfaction.

I find it amazing that one single chucklehead could be such a blatant troll over there and nobody would do anything about it.

really?...unless i'm blind i don't see any "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions" at the top of Getting Started

//i52.tinypic.com/aokxfc.jpg[/img]

that is in the forums already so technically totally useless since its everything that is on the main GC site

the whole discussion was about people not finding the link to the forums

:P I guess that proves a point.

only proves that is just duplicated information

afaic the Knowledge Books link should be made more prominent as opposed to having it buried at the bottom of the page in tiny writing

really?...unless i'm blind i don't see any "Read First! Geocaching Frequently Asked Questions" at the top of Getting Started

//i52.tinypic.com/aokxfc.jpg[/img]

that is in the forums already so technically totally useless since its everything that is on the main GC site

the whole discussion was about people not finding the link to the forums

:P I guess that proves a point.

only proves that is just duplicated information

afaic the Knowledge Books link should be made more prominent as opposed to having it buried at the bottom of the page in tiny writing

I've tried to suggest the same thing. The knowledge books are too hard to find, particularly for someone who doesn't know they exist. They should have a tab were the feedback tab was.

Let me add that there is one big difference between the feedback tab and the forum link. The feedback tab was always in the same place on the screen while you scrolled the page. That one item out there by itself that never went away, always floating right there. It was designed to stand out in a way the other links don't.

There's another big diffference, I'd go to the Forum to discuss geocaching (and perhaps some other things) with other geocachers. I suspect a lot of people didn't make suggestions in the forums or even use it to report problems because it wasn't clear that the forums could be used that way. I can even remember some posters in the Geocaching.com forum ask "How do I let TPTB know?" since it wasn't obvious they even monitored that site.

Let me add that there is one big difference between the feedback tab and the forum link. The feedback tab was always in the same place on the screen while you scrolled the page. That one item out there by itself that never went away, always floating right there. It was designed to stand out in a way the other links don't.

There's another big diffference, I'd go to the Forum to discuss geocaching (and perhaps some other things) with other geocachers. I suspect a lot of people didn't make suggestions in the forums or even use it to report problems because it wasn't clear that the forums could be used that way. I can even remember some posters in the Geocaching.com forum ask "How do I let TPTB know?" since it wasn't obvious they even monitored that site.

Yes. but we were talking about the way getsat was promoted on the site as apposed to the forums.

I cached for over a year before I figured out how to access the forums. If TPTB would have "advertised" and advocated use and reading of the forums...

A little off topic, but this caught my attention. I really don't like to point stuff like this out, but:

6a44ddfc-c262-4341-af4a-f54c36cc371c.jpg

I think the big problem for some (like me a few years back) was the click on that button and end up facing a page that did NOT make it clear that you could log on with your GC name and pw... it said something like you had to register first etc.. I should screenshot that of course, but...

It had a lot to do with my not using the forums at first... NOW it is natural. Another point was finding the help for the forums... I finally figured out that one could get some, but the 'manual' from the provider was the real ticket for me... I had to go find it of course... elsewhere. It isn't a really 'easy' process, but should be.

I also agree with a later post, that a sticky on the forums that you can't figure out how to access in the first place is not much use to a newbie.

EDIT: I have been looking at it again from several POVs... I must say that experience has blinded me a bit to some changes, since I don't go that route anymore... there have been improvements in the process, but I still see some room for improvement... Just fessing up... blame the latest (or several) upgrades... or my weak mind...

Doug 7rxc

Edited by 7rxc

Everybody calling for vBulletin clearly isn't aware of the multitude of hacking tools available to trash it and the amount of in-house development that would be required to make it safer and more efficient.

Been there, done that.

huh? :P

i'm sure you're confusing it with phpBB

vBulletin is the most trusted and reliable forum software you can possibly have

i am yet to see what you're describing

Nope, vBulletin. I've been a member at a particular forum for about 9 years that has been aggressively hacked by iteration after iteration of banned/disgruntled members and every time the security fix was implemented in-house and not by the makers of vBulletin.

No, it's not a porn forum, but the mods might not like me posting a link due to the often non-family friendly nature of the website and the forums themselves.

Everybody calling for vBulletin clearly isn't aware of the multitude of hacking tools available to trash it and the amount of in-house development that would be required to make it safer and more efficient.

Been there, done that.

huh? :P

i'm sure you're confusing it with phpBB

vBulletin is the most trusted and reliable forum software you can possibly have

i am yet to see what you're describing

Nope, vBulletin. I've been a member at a particular forum for about 9 years that has been aggressively hacked by iteration after iteration of banned/disgruntled members and every time the security fix was implemented in-house and not by the makers of vBulletin.

No, it's not a porn forum, but the mods might not like me posting a link due to the often non-family friendly nature of the website and the forums themselves.

VBulletin is like any other app, it is attacked. It is not hard to keep it up to date. Mods and administrators must be diligent just as any and all web hosts must be with any app.

It would be a perfect solution.

VBulletin is like any other app, it is attacked. It is not hard to keep it up to date. Mods and administrators must be diligent just as any and all web hosts must be with any app.

One thing I notice here is that this board has never had a security issue. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(...and I say that from a security point of view, I understand this board has posting issues, which seem suddenly inconsequential after what happened at GetSat.)

Edited by mtn-man

One thing I notice here is that this board has never had a security issue. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

(...and I say that from a security point of view, I understand this board has posting issues, which seem suddenly inconsequential after what happened at GetSat.)

Not inconsequential. Just different. There are still many problems with these forums that need to be addressed.

Looking at what happens when I Google this makes me think that there are reasons why it is sometimes a good thing not to use the most popular internet site or indeed the most popular and widely used anything. There is a reason why more viruses etc are released for the Windows operating system than for the MAC. Even if both are as vulnerable it makes sense to concentrate on the most popular. If you manage to infect only a tiny fraction of the installed base you get much more bang for your buck.

Team Taran

... I understand this board has loading issues ...

FYP.

Loading, searching, posting, reporting posts... but never hacked.

That is seeming pretty important for me right now. nod.gif

Hopefully the update being worked on will help ease the loading, searching, posting and reporting problems.

Don't forget that Groundspeak recently announced a change in forum strategy. Instead of the previously planned move to the Community Server forum platform, we'll instead see an upgrade to the current version of Invision Power Board. Among other things, this upgrade is expected to alleviate the very poor performance of the forum's search features. This will help in finding answers to common questions.