Cache in common between two users

Lennu

I don' think that this topic has been ever treated, anyway...

I was wondering if it is possible to have a tool which compares the list of finds between two users and generate a list of caches which have been found by both.

Any hints? Comments? Suggestions?

It would be nice to have this feature in the site

There is an external webiste that can do this. It might be a UK site. Someone showed it to me once but I can't remember.

I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

But you are right, it would be a useful feature when planning a day out with other people. Maybe an included field in a PQ: "Exclude caches logged as found by..." then a box to put the other cacher's name in.

There is an external webiste that can do this. It might be a UK site. Someone showed it to me once but I can't remember.

I'm sure someone will point you in the right direction.

GSAK will do that. It's mostly free.

You input your user number and the other persons's user number as I recall. I hardly ever use GSAK but if I was more into finding caches than hiding them, I'd buy the full version. Still may. It's a really cool program.

I don' think that this topic has been ever treated, anyway...

I was wondering if it is possible to have a tool which compares the list of finds between two users and generate a list of caches which have been found by both.

It would be nice to have this feature in the site

yes, it has been brought up and you can vote for it here

http://feedback.geocaching.com/geocaching/...found_by_others

I made a pretty fun game of such comparisons and then launched the One Degree of Separation project (ODS) a few years later.

ODS was a great success outside of this forum where it seems that I may have killed Santa Claus and become the worst proliferator of micros to date. In case anyone wonders, the project is STILL alive with active ODS caches all over the world and here is the most recent seed pod to be placed by a regular member of this forum. I found 4 ODS caches on my journey to and from GW8.

*Donning nomex suit and helmet.* :laughing: