What are you?

Loon-a-tick

We are just home from vacation and I was greeted by this fabulous coin. It's been on my want list seemingly forever and I had pretty much given up hope of ever getting one. Then the stars aligned - in a very sad way. After the horrible tragedy in Japan, the mystery-coiner generously offered it with all proceeds going towards relief efforts there. To be able to get this coin and help at the same time was simply wonderful. Many thanks to Tennessee Jed for orchestrating the sale and covering costs.

The fun nature of this coin paired with the sad circumstances under which I've received it is a weird but beautiful thing to me. I've been thinking about Japan daily but have been even sadder after we had to put geodog Lila to sleep while we were away. Coming home without her and finding this coin which is also tied to Japan. Together it all says to me that life goes on. It's a reminder - Live, laugh, give, enjoy beauty and love while you can.

We were just out hiking and caching yesterday in the State Forest. Ammo cans in the woods that require some bushwhacking and a hike rank high in my book so this coin in right up my alley. Ticks are always on my mind (if not my body) in the woods! Being a northerner, I love loons. The play on words is great and reminds me very much of my brother.

Thank you mystery coiner!!!

I found #9 on my living room floor this morning. I have no idea how it got there! I was working at GCF, at the MnGCA table. Perhaps it was hiding in my computer case, which my dog decided to eat?

However it managed to get to my house, thank you! I recall seeing one of these on one of my brief forays away from the table, and admiring it.

I found #9 on my living room floor this morning. I have no idea how it got there! I was working at GCF, at the MnGCA table. Perhaps it was hiding in my computer case, which my dog decided to eat?

However it managed to get to my house, thank you! I recall seeing one of these on one of my brief forays away from the table, and admiring it.

You lucky Devil :laughing: Ah come on you knew someone was going to say it :ph34r:

Congratulations!

At the Geocoinfest 2011 in Cologne, I was already visited by 3 mystery coin givers. I only saw one. I was out of words already. The weekend already was so great meeting several coiners I know from this forum and talking to them was very nice. I is so fine to meet people who are also creazy about coins. So there I was on the trading table, my head in the clouds already. Maybe thats why I didn't see it coming, but at one point when I looked in front of me on the table, there was this coin:

Loon-A-TickMysteryGeocoin.jpg

(sorry for the bad picture, I'm a real amature with that).

If I wasn't a loonatic already, I would have become one at that moment. My 4th mystery coin in this weekend. What have I done to deserve this? I dont't know, but the next night I didn't sleep very much. Just staring at the ceiling in the dark with a big smile on my face. At the time I reveived this coin I didn't know this was not the end of this mysterious weekend :D

Edit: again, so out of my normal doings, I forget the thank the mystery coin giver. So better late than not: many thanks to the giver.

Edited by JackHoe

I've been wanting and wanting and wanting one of these coins for a long time. Now I have two!! I received a package from the Loon-A-Tick him/herself the same week one of the very generous coiners from these forums sent one to me. I told you....I AM a loonatick! :wacko::P

Now...what to do with the extra....hmm....

Edited to say:

THANK YOU Mr/Ms Loon-A-Tick! Thanks for designing an awesome coin, and thanks for sharing it with me. :wub:

Edited by imoutnabout