What are you?

Loon-a-tick

WOW!!!!!

my husband went to the mailbox today and inside was a cool padded mailer. it was not posted marked. it is very strange how things keep getting to vegas without being post marked. it is a mystery too.

i definately can be a little "looney" at times

there are no ticks here

thank you very much mystery giver for blessing me with a coin. it will stay safe in my collection.

you are awesome....please continue to make people smile the way you did me B)

Opened my mailbox today and was happy to see my pink yime had come... But then, there was another envelope and I hadn't ordered any other coins... Checked the return address, and I was the sender!! I guess I'm a loonatick now too! :angry:

Thank you so SO much for my very first mystery coin (the one I received is #039)!! I'm so excited!

I went to my mailbox today and was surprised to see a bubble mailer--huuummm, the item I won on the dreaded eBay shouldn't be here yet. Oh, wait, this is flat and is from--ME. OOOHHH, what is it???!!! WOW, it is a

LOON-A-TICK (#078)!!! This coin is gorgeous as well as cute and funny!!!

I've always stated that I was crazy, but not stupid!!! The only people who say I'm not crazy are the parents of my (30+year) friend who are both clinical psychologists. Have they been proven wrong???

It just be a LOON-A-TICK you're lookin' for and I've found one!!!

THANK YOU SOOOO MUCH TO THE MYSTERY COINER!!! I am honored and humbled to have received one of these great Coins. This one will stay in my collection to remind me that there are so many wonderful people in our community-- both the gifters and recipients (congrats to them)!!!

I was so surprised at finding a padded envelope in the mailbox from myself, to myself that I called my wife (on the phone) from the end of the driveway to tell her that something had arrived in the mail that she would love. We received number 035 (with a loon on the return address label) and the main address label peeling off. Fortunately our coin was still inside and I am so glad that I got to see the back.

Yes, my wife confirms that I am indeed a loonatick.

This has to be the BEST coin I've ever had in my hands. My first mystery coin, and it is SO pretty.

My wife collects geocoins, and so this one will be added to her collection. Most of them are nice, but this one is special.

Thank you very much mystery coiner...

Z.

Came home to a stack of mail and bubble mailers, I could see the YIME sticker, YES!! PinkYimes :D , then I noticed the mailer underneath it has my name on the return address... :huh: I also noticed no postmark :) A Mystery #93 LoonATick?!?! :o:D WOW my first mystery coin!!!!!!! Thank you so much I love it!! It is so pretty and reminds me of my time in MN and all the great people I got to work with up there. And I got a tax refund check? and no bills. It was a GREAT day to go to the mailbox! Thanks again Loon-A-Tick for your generous gift :rolleyes:

But I do wonder about the no postmark?

Edited by Tonyalynnm

Came home to a stack of mail and bubble mailers, I could see the YIME sticker, YES!! PinkYimes :D , then I noticed the mailer underneath it has my name on the return address... :huh: I also noticed no postmark :) A Mystery #93 LoonATick?!?! :o:D WOW my first mystery coin!!!!!!! Thank you so much I love it!! It is so pretty and reminds me of my time in MN and all the great people I got to work with up there. And I got a tax refund check? and no bills. It was a GREAT day to go to the mailbox! Thanks again Loon-A-Tick for your generous gift :rolleyes:

But I do wonder about the no postmark?

I wonder how there showing up in the mail with no postmark?? Isn't that needed to move in the USPS system?

I wonder how there showing up in the mail with no postmark?? Isn't that needed to move in the USPS system?

I think that is one of the amazing things about most mystery coins. Even when they show up with a postmark, it is bogus, but mostly they don't have postmarks... some with nothing at all, some with just a mark through the stamps...

I don't know how it's happening, but mine was stamped "Multnomah County"... But that would mean that the mystery coiner was local. I suspect that they are being sent out somehow, and aren't being postmarked. Then at the destination they are either being hand cancelled (a pen mark is usually considered sufficient) or marked with a postmark from the destination.

I guess it will remain a mystery. :rolleyes:

Z.

What a day.

Bad night sleeping last night and then went to get chemo and the nurse said you need to go to the hsopital and get some new blood before we do chemo :?(

On the way to the Hospital i decided to stop by the house and i found one of these in the mail to brighten up my day.

Off i went to get my oil changed as i wondered am i a Loon or a Tick HUMMMMM :)

What was i thinking??? I am a Loon-A-Tick :rolleyes:

my wife called and said we sent ourselves something?!?! :huh:

I asked her to describe it... :)

she said she thought it was a coin, a bubble mailer addressed to us from us... :rolleyes:

I told her it was something special... she said it was hers! :D

she let me hold it for about 2 minutes... :D

I told her she was the loon and I was the tick... :drama:

she told me it was still hers! :o

My wife says thanks for the great gift! :cool:

I say Thank you as well! :anibad: It brought some joy to our somewhat somber day!

I was bummed out about already having plans made for the time GCF went on, seeing it was 150 miles away from me, and missing a chance of getting one or just seeing this coin there. Well yesterday I received a padded mailer with one in it. It was a very good day, receiving totally unexpectedly this coin and a Pink Yime.

Now if I just didnt have to go back to work tomorrow. I know I am looney and do have a few ticks ( picked up 4 today caching) so this one fits me pretty darn good.

Thanks so much mystery coin giver for a great coin!

Congrates to all who know what they are ;-)

I need a long time to find out that: Sometimes i´m a loon if i go caching in some strange locations.

The other way if i go caching in to woods i find often ticks at my clothes, so than i would love to be a tick to tell them something. ;-)

I hope sometimes i could also find a letter inside my mailbox. If it is a loon ore a tick is than not very important. If you know what i mean ;-)

Best regards René

It is official. This proud Maineiac who likes to act like a loonatick received the coin today. It is awesome and we love it. Thank you so much. It will always be treasured.

The loons we have down back on our pond has flown away until next spring so it is nice to see the loon and baby on the coin.

Thank you. You made my day.

Husband always picks up the mail and today handed me a mailer and said, "nice trick - you mail it to yourself and they don't cancel the stamps" Sure enough - a bubble mailer to me, from me and none of the stamps were canceled.

I had a feeling, and did the happy dance with I say coin #40. Am I a loon, I love loons - so probably a bit of me is a loon. A tick, I don't bite so I think not one of those. But a Loon-A-Tick - sort of crazy over geocaching and geocoins, I that I am.

Thank you mystery coin giver - you certainly made my day!

Oh, oh, oh.

Now I got it officially confirmed. I'm a Loonatick!

Number 082 fell out of a bubble mailer NOT send from myself.

I guess, that's why I didn't think of a coin arriving and while opening all my pathtags mail and logging them this huge and lovely and funny coin fell into my hands. What a surprise!

Thank you very much, Mystery Coiner, for this really lovely coin. Those translucent colours always make a coin much more elegant and precious, at least in my eyes. I'm a sucker for translucents.

Especially, when one can see the waves underneath or the vascular tissue in the grass....

Thank you very much, I guess, I kind of knew I'm a loonatick, now I got the confirmation! ;)

Whoohoo-hoo! I'm definitely a Loon :P #18 to be specific :D This crazy coin is one of a kind with it's translucents, polished surfaces and genetically mutated ammocan ;) This was a great time to be selected as a potential Loonatick as we've seen numerous ticks and loons this year and been asked more than once if we were mental, but caching is in our blood now :lol: Thank you so much for the delightful surprise and we're looking forward to sharing your creation with our friends! :P

The first two weekends I went out Geocaching at our state forest park I cane back covered in Turkey mites from my feet to my chest. Took a week to get rid of and not learning from my mistake I got covered again the second weekend. I felt it was worth it.

TURKEY MITES ;):P Never heard of them, but they sound very unpleasant!

The first two weekends I went out Geocaching at our state forest park I cane back covered in Turkey mites from my feet to my chest. Took a week to get rid of and not learning from my mistake I got covered again the second weekend. I felt it was worth it.

TURKEY MITES ;):P Never heard of them, but they sound very unpleasant!

They're just baby ticks. So small you can't really see them unless they're in a group. They started bumping up like chiggers & itched 100 times worse & spread. It was horrible but worth the trouble.

Friday I came home and found a whole bunch of bubble mailers.

When I was ripping those envelopes open I got all expected coins like the Pink Yemon Yime V3 and 3 kinds of 10-10-10 coins.

But there was also this coin that I didn't remember ordering. The text on the inlay explained it all though: I had been ticked by a loon :D

Thank you very much, Mike. Number 088 has arrived savely and is now in my collection :anitongue:

I received a padded envelope today from Minneapolis MN, home of GCF 2010 which I was not able to attend. I was startled to see that if you had drawn a straight line from where I live to the lovely state of Minnesota, you’d end up in the Minnesota Zoo. We share many of the animals there such as the Grey Wolf, Beaver (oh please of course), Coyotes, Fishers and the majestic Trumpeter Swan (Midland has a large shiny silver one right on its waterfront; I see it every day as I happen to work right beside it).

Also there are many similarities between Minnesota and Ontario, even Canada and the Twin Cities, you see there is a suburb called Little Canada MN and Ontario’s provincial bird is the Loon. It is well known that we covet this bird the loon so much that we had it stamped on to our dollar coin and named it the “loonie” :sad:

On opening the packet this evening, out dropped a “loon-a-tick” mystery coin. Thank you to the mystery giver and I must say that I was really disappointed that I was not able to attend GFC this year BUT I’ve started making plans to attend GFC 2011 and hope to meet everyone, especially the coiners who are so giving and make all our days wonderful.

Loon-a-tick # 044 has come to nest on the shores of Georgian Bay Ontario, we can’t thank you enough for our gift.

:rolleyes: We've been experiencing some dark days the last few weeks. This morning a bubble mailer was in our mailbox. #028 It made us sob with joy, thank you so much for the beautiful mystery coin, it was a major bright light in our day. Yes we concluded, we are absolute loonaticks, thank you for the recognition. ;):)

mailbox_20101027.jpg

Chuck I stole your picture, hope you don't mind. Mine aren't turning out so well lately!

I had the urge to garden this morning...and even though I should be wearing gloves...I don't. I just don't like the feel. Well after some trimming and sweeping I was gathering up the garden bits and praying that no crawlies were on me. :)

Silly I know, maybe that's why I checked the mail before going inside and found my very own 'certifiable' LOON A TICK coin waiting for me. I am happy to report

1. I am the proud owner of #92

2. I have no crawlies on me after all :)

AND a big thank you to Mr/Mrs Loon a tick for thinking of me! :D

I definitely fit the loonatick catagory. I was out helping my son work on the boyscout geocaching merit badge yesterday. We were doing maintenance on one of his caches. Of course it was raining but you can't leave a wet log for the next cacher.

THANKS so much for Coin #84.

Edited by luckycharmer

Coming back from my vacation I received a pile of mail.

Once I survived the bills and got to the end of the pile, only a bubbler was left on the table.

I could not remember trading or ordering any geocoins.

A (# nummer 023) Loon-A-Tick geocoin came out.

What a beautiful surprise.

I guess I'm with the Loon-A-Tick division now

Thank you very much

:)

I've been gifted with a second chance!! # 091 arrived in my mailbox the other day!! Sweet coin! Thank you Loon-A-Tick!! The coin is beautiful and I will treasure it. I am definitely more loon than tick - tho ticks do seem to love me... <_<

CF30

Congrats Marit and Sarah:) Two very nice people not to mention friends that received these mystery Geocoins. Were so Happy for you both. Nice to know our friends are Happy even tho we don't get to see each other or very often. Nice job on making these beautiful mystery coins and gifting them to people you have a very giving heart.