What are you?

Loon-a-tick

Thank you for all of your kind comments, I also think that the coin turn out nice. The image of the back will be left for those who are lucky enough to find one.

My coins are packed. My flight and hotel are booked. I have just to wait around here until Friday. I plan on placing some of the coins around some of the caches. I will be posting where and when a coin is left on the Geocoinfest forum, I have started a topic there.

Good Luck in your hunt for a Loon-A-Tick!

For bug.... probably the butterfly in the valley of Batterflies we have here...

is that a fly that falls in the batter? pancake batter maybe?

sorry, couldn't resist. you write with such a wonderful accent!

lara

;):D:ph34r::huh: I just saw your post and my spelling mistake! :):yikes::D Well... I meant butterflies and valley of butterflies

... but just in case... keep your batter covered! :laughing::rolleyes:

Thank you for all of your kind comments, I also think that the coin turn out nice. The image of the back will be left for those who are lucky enough to find one.

My coins are packed. My flight and hotel are booked. I have just to wait around here until Friday. I plan on placing some of the coins around some of the caches. I will be posting where and when a coin is left on the Geocoinfest forum, I have started a topic there.

we thank you for your great coin and for spreading smiles and happyness! :huh:

Have a great time in the event!!! :)

I am just wondering.... Aren't you a loon?? why to book a flight? You have wings! ;)

Hmm... or it is duck season so it is not so safe?? :ph34r::D

Hey do not tell me that you are a tick!!! I will not believe you! :yikes:

I am just kiding my friend! :D

What am I? A Loon or a Tick?

Well, I may be a bit "loony" at times and I've gotten "ticks" on me, but this evening I was definitely

a Loon-A-Tick. I was in my hotel room at the GCF Event location and a note was slipped under my door saying there was an envelope for me at the front desk. Hmmm, what could this be, I thought. Went downstairs to the front desk and they gave me an envelope with my name on it. Opened it up and wow, what a surprise! A beautiful shiny new Loon-A-Tick coin !!!

Thank you so much Loon-A-Tick, whoever you are. This was definitely a surprise - a great ending to a fantastic day.

We had a surprise waiting for us at the hotel. During the moving of the GCF boxes we were stopped by the hotel staff and give an envelope. At first it was "Oh no, what now" but when we opened it up it was "Wow!!" What a nice coin and a nice surprise.

We will also follow your instructions on the other coin you left for GCF.

The pictures look good, but in no way does the coin any justice.

WOW!!! :D Congrats to the lucky receivers of the beautiful coin!!! What an excellent way to surprise you! You definatelly didn't expect this! :)

But how the mystery giver knew the hotel you live and your name...

Are all geocachers stay in one hotel? or you are saying at the front desk... that you are geocachers? That's a mystery and the guy is Good!!! Oh!!! :blink:

Not in our mailbox but at our hotel room under the door was a Mystery Loonatick Geocoin. Have no idea how a person such a mystery coiner can find out a room you are in at a hotel.:)Thank you so much for the Mystery Geocoin what a nice Surprise when we got back from being at Mall of America and after caching the day and getting 25 total on Saturday.

OH MAN!! I am geeked! Darryl and I check into the hotel, and the guy hands Darryl an envelope with our names on it. Darryl looks at it and hands it to me. I look at it dumbfounded thinking, WTH? Then I feel it... a coin. Oh, must be an event coin, cool. Open it up and see it is very cute loon. Hmm. Turn it around and read the insert... a mystery coin. For me. I have not been on the forums for about a month, so I never saw this thread. I immediately began to bounce. The guy behind the counter gave me a strange look, Darryl started to laugh at me. :)

I could not help myself and kept bouncing with this HUGE grin on my face. I looked at Darryl and told him that this just made the trip so completely worth it. :D

BUT, just to add some icing to the cake, Sunday I was doing a trade and they said, "I can't believe that you are trading a mystery coin." Huh? What? I have to ask which one, since I did have a pile of mystery coin for trade, but they were still in my bag and I hadn't pulled them out yet. "A Loonatick." HOLY *&(^ I can't believe it.... a second??? Can't be. I open my box and there it is. First thought, did I put my coin in there? Check my pocket, nope still there. Wait... what???!!! It IS a second coin.

All I have to say is thank you. I was honored to receive the first, and am humbled to be graced with a second. Mystery Giver, you are the BEST!

(I got #057 and #054)

edited: still to excited... can't type right.

Edited by Firefly03

We were not staying at the GCF hotel as we had family in the area and stayed closer to them. We showed up at the Meet and Greet and we were informed that an envelope with our real names on it was left for us. WHOOOO HOOOO! What a surprise ......we were really hoping we would get to SEE one of these at the very least! A big Thank you to the Mystery Loon-a-tick whoever your are. That was a biggie for us! :):laughing::laughing:

I haven't quite unpacked yet, but I'm fairly certain that I was given one of these coins Saturday night. I think the Budweiser kinda clouded my memory, but I picture a Loon coin in my bag when I got back to my room :angry:

Thx.

TMA

You sure it was the Bud clouding your brain? :P

Cool way to gift the coins at the event. Unique, actually. Congrats to those who got one. Its a sweet looking coin.

After a ridiculous cache run for 7 states with YHM, we were finally checking in to the hotel late on Friday. I was worn out and ready for some rest and excited to start in with the event in the morning. What a wonderful surprise when I checked in - an envelope with my name on it was handed to me. When I opened it, I just started smiling - coinfest had officially begun and I was grateful. Thanks to the generous mystery sender, whoever you are.

I haven't quite unpacked yet, but I'm fairly certain that I was given one of these coins Saturday night. I think the Budweiser kinda clouded my memory, but I picture a Loon coin in my bag when I got back to my room :)

Thx.

TMA

You sure it was the Bud clouding your brain? :D

Cool way to gift the coins at the event. Unique, actually. Congrats to those who got one. Its a sweet looking coin.

It was #53 btw. And yes, it was very cloudy.

TMA

Friday night at the hotel, Kaz had gone to the room early and I stayed in the bar chatting ... and drinking :D

By the time I was going up, I figured she'd be asleep, so I called at reception and asked them to cut me another key. They checked my name and said that I would find a note under my door, but to save me a return journey, handed me an envelope.

It had my name and a graphic of a loon on the front, I felt it and sure enough, it felt like a coin. I got the envelope open as quick as anything to see a beautiful LoonaTick coin ... a fabulous surprise at the beginning of our very first geocoinfest.

Thank you so much to the giver, it's a beautiful coin which will be treasured and join my collection back in England. Thank you :)

I was not staying in the hotel, as I live in Eagan about 7 Mi away. I was walking near the sign in sheet when I noticed that the GCF schedule booklets were a little out of sorts. When straitening then out there was a coin on the table! A Loon-a-tick coin! Sweet! It was a nice treat, as I had seen this beautiful coin earlier in the day. Thanks for the little hidden gem. Coin 067 is a nice part of my experience at the 2010 GCF.

I'm sorry for not posting sooner. I did get one of these babies at GCF. When I checked in the guy at the front desk handed me an envelope and I didn't know there was a coin in it at first. He said; "I think it's a rare coin" and I looked at him like what in the world are you talking about and asked him "how do you know it's a rare coin?" I was tired what can I say :P and I hadn't looked at the envelope but light did dawn on thee. I felt up the envelope and smiled and said "oh yes, a rare coin" :cool: I tore into it when I got to my room.

Love it and I'm a Loon :cool:

tsun

I'm sorry for not posting sooner. I did get one of these babies at GCF. When I checked in the guy at the front desk handed me an envelope and I didn't know there was a coin in it at first. He said; "I think it's a rare coin" and I looked at him like what in the world are you talking about and asked him "how do you know it's a rare coin?" I was tired what can I say :D and I hadn't looked at the envelope but light did dawn on thee. I felt up the envelope and smiled and said "oh yes, a rare coin" :lol: I tore into it when I got to my room.

Love it and I'm a Loon :huh:

tsun

WOW!! Congrats my friend! :D Congrats to all lucky receivers! :D

Hmm... I think I have to go to a hotel to find one! :)B);) Just kiding! :D

:grin:

Well... I haven't received one but I am surelly a crazy guy! B) definatelly lunatic or Loon A Tik if you prefer! B)

Everybody who know me better knows that I am a crazy collector.... from all the stuff I am collecting...

From when I was a child, just becasue I was reading a lot of books about ancient times, archeology etc and because I love so much history and ancient things, to visit ancient places... even to work there... my sister used and still calls me... crazy archeologist!!! :D Once he called me like that infront of one of my bosses... a chief archeologist!!! Oups! :wub:

so...

Congrats to all receivers!!! well done Catsnfish my friend! :P

Oh... Crowesfeat30!!! This is sad! :D I am so sorry! the worst feeling is to receive an envelope and the inside is missing.... :blink:

I am very disappointed that back the side of the coin was posted!

I am very sorry that I didn't see that comment or I wouldn't have posted any pictures. To me, the compliment for receiving a coin from someone else is posting pictures and so I do that especially thorough for mystery coins. It's a very generous gift and I try to say THANK YOU as much as possible........

Shari of burgessfour