Favorite Mystery Coins

Tennessee Jed

What are the your favorite mystery coins you have found or would like to find? My favorite that I have found or received are:

1. The Phantom

2. Carpe diem

3. Geo Sasquatch

4. The Bell Witch

5. The Cache Reaper

6. The Wizard

What I would like to find or receive are:

1. Close Encounter of the Third Kind

2. Mystical GreenMan

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Oh!!! This is very difficult to answer! All mystery coins are very pretty and all have something that I love! mostly that they came from unknown cachers... from cachers that I will never learn their name and the reason they honored me with their coin! All coin themes are unique! I can not choose 1,2,3 as better than others or as coins that I like more... I hope for your understanding! B)

I do not remember now... but one of the Geocaching angel or the Imagine peace was the first mystery I got! I was so surprised! Almost none knew me at that time! I was so new! :)

Yes, I admit that I loved the dark knight coin a lot and wanted it desperatelly because I like batman a lot! He is not a super hero like the others, he is a normal man who has special equiptments to help him, and he is fighting evil without anyone knowing who he is! :)

I am proud keeper of some extremelly beautiful mystery coins from mystery friends! :)

here is my list! all are favorites and I am NOT listing them like... the first is the one I love most and the last the one I love the least! Ok?

So.. here are my beauties:

1) New world Order - 2 tone silver on gold, trackable

2) bitten by the geocoin bug - gold

3) Carpe diem

4) Cache Reaper - Antique silver or nickel

5) Bell Witch

6) Dark knight V2 (silver)

7) Geocoin Secret Agent V2 (silver, trackable)

8) close encointer of the 3rd kind

9) Imagine peace - black nickel (I do not know if there is an other version..)

10) The wishing coin

11) Dutch Lion

12) Geocaching Jedi

13)Geocoin Angel - gold & black I think... well I have the 234 number so..

14) geo Bandit geocoin

15) Easter geocoin bunny egg coin - woodstock edition

16) MWGB 2009 egg coin - nickel version

:)

Which ones I would like to receive??? Huh! That's more difficult... or... a lot easier... it depends! B)

what else... the ones I am missing, and versions I am missing too! :D

I have to admit here that I would love to see a coin that was coming to me but never reached my home! :D

The mystical Greenman and its pathtag!

I won one in a cointest made by Mystical Greenman, and won it with its pathtag! The coin was sent to me but it never came! It is not anyones fault! Sometimes post office is... :)

I would love to enrich my mystery coin family for sure but I do not know if I deserve them!

there are cachers that do not have any and hope that one day they will be lucky, so...

Well I dont have any Mystery coins. I wont purchase any or trade for any because I feel that takes away a certain element of the coin. It wouldnt matter if you got the coin from the mystery coin designer, or someone else, the true mystery is not knowing who sent it to you, or why they chose you to send it to.

My all time fave is the one I found in a cache... Geocoin Secret Agent after that it's the ones specifically sent to me,

- Binary Mystery Coin (Banned from the Forums)

- GeoSasquatch

- Mickey Diver

- Carpe Diem

- Geocoin Angel

Then

.... Geocoin Bandita (traded for) and

.... Mouth of the South (Ebay) and finally

.... Crappy Cache Award (was that a mystery coin?)

Yeah, I'd love a Phantom, a Reaper, a Jedi, a wizard, a Coinbug, to be Goofed, but only should I Imagine, and above all a Mystery Green Man but until I've gone solar I won't plead my case for the latter.

Edited by Droo

Wow GATOULIS, that is alot of mystery coins! I forgot about two of my top favorites and others I received. I want to thank everyone that sent or hid these for me to find:

Sinterklaas (one cool coin!)

The Highland Geofairy for two different mystery coins (v.1 and Scottish)

The Geocoin Fairy for v.2 and the black nickel

Geosasquatch for silver and copper

The Cache Reaper for silver and copper

The Wizard for three different versions

The Bell Witch for silver and black nickel

The Jedi for silver and copper

The Shadow for a copper Georgia and silver and copper Indiana

The Coin Dropping Fairy

Easter Bunny Eggs (4 different colors)

Goofy

Serial Finder

Mystery Christmas

5 different Coinfusion coins (if they are mysteries)

(that is all I can remember right now). B)

Edited by Tennessee Jed

WOW!! Bell witch has a black nickel version too?

I only knew about the cache Reaper copper (I have the silver one)

Jedi.... silver and copper... so there are 3 versions? my Jedi is bronze or Antique gold... It is hard to seperate these 2 colors!

The shadow coin.... had different versions according the State?

B) Yes! I have some Chuck! :) And I love them all!!!

That is why I can not name one as my favorite and other not... :D

Edited by GATOULIS

I have received a few mystery coins in the mail and one found me at an event. But I have never found one in a cache. My mystery coins are:

Bitten by the Geocoin Bug

Dutch Lion

Cointact

The Wizard

I have made trades for

Sinterklaas v1

Sinterklaas v2

The mystery coin I would most like to find is the Gele Bussie, though I would treasure any mystery coin that made its way to me B)

All mystery coins are very special.

I'd feel like setting some down, degrading the giver in some way, if I would highlight one out of them.

They are all beautifull in their own way. Be it bold lined and with simplicity, be it detailed and colourfull, they all have the added question: Who made this? Who sent it to me? Whom do I thank for it?

I'd love to find one in a cache, but I guess those, who were sent out to me are much more special. The mystery coiner choose me to receive one of his/her precious and I for one am very gratefull.

It is humbling to be selected as one of the receivers.

So thank you all for your generousity!

If I had to highlight one out of those lovely coins I've received, it would probably the wishing coin.

Every time I pick up my treasure box with the mystery coins, which are kept with the envelopes they came in, I'm just blown away by the simplicity but detail on those koi.

But I have a few other real beauties as well, they all bring a smile to my face.

Whenever I feel down, I go and look at these mysteries in my live. They got send to me out of nowhere, I'm very gratefull! Mystery Coins are really special.

So many great mystery coins, but to pick my favorites, I'd have to base my choices not on the coins, but on the time of their arrival. In order received:

Luck and Protection coin. Received shortly after the death of Logan (the last dog Kathy and I spent our lives together with.)

Imagine Peace. Received this year on what should have been our anniversary.

Goofy Cacher. Found tucked away in one of my coin binders...don't know for sure when it was placed there, but found it a few days after the 1 year anniversary of Logan's death.

I've received other mystery coins in the mail (those are the most special to me,) traded for a few, purchased a few (Greenman pathtag traveler, Creepy Crawlers, and a Honu Turtle at this years MWGB,) and ended up with some after buying groups of coins from collectors moving onto other hobbies.

Thank you mystery coin people!

ILYK

Well.... my favorite that I own has to be the Close Encounter of the Third Kind (it's also the only one that I own..... but would still be on my want list. I'm a geek!)

My favorite mystery coin designs other than that are:

New World Order

Carpe Diem

and Mystical Greenman

Thank you so much to the Mystery Coin giver that sent me the Close Encounter coin! I still love it!

Have a great Labor Day weekend everybody!

I won one in a cointest made by Mystical Greenman, and won it with its pathtag! The coin was sent to me but it never came! It is not anyones fault! Sometimes post office is... :D

I cannot be responsible for postal errors. all other recipients have recieved their packages without any problems. No promises, but we will see what we can do to fix this error in the near future.

I won one in a cointest made by Mystical Greenman, and won it with its pathtag! The coin was sent to me but it never came! It is not anyones fault! Sometimes post office is... :D

I cannot be responsible for postal errors. all other recipients have recieved their packages without any problems. No promises, but we will see what we can do to fix this error in the near future.

Yes my friend! :)

It is definatelly not your fault! Sometimes the post office is unbelievable!

Most of the letters are coming but I have lost some too! I never had any problems but the last 2 years.... :D

Do not worry or anything my friend! I fully understand! It is not your responsibility for sure!

I wound't blame you for anything! :) and I do not want you to lose too! It is ok!

you already gave money to make the coins and pathtag, and we all thank you for that! We also thank you for speading to others the idea to keep the earth and nature clean!

I am only sad with the post office!

I know how things work thee... sometimes even the postman is making a mistake! I remember once when a letter that was coming to me was left about 3-4 roads away from my home! It was not a real letter but a paper to tell me that I had to go to the post office to take a registered mail! the letter had a silver coin in it to finish a part of my collection of real coins!

An old woman came to the bakery shop and asked if they knew me! A neighbour was there and took the paper and gave it to me! I wnet down but the coin was already returned! :D I complained about it but they asked me to pay because they kept it for 10 days!!! They were nuts!!! I payed nothing! I spoke "French".. and left! I never got the coin because they sold it to an other one! ;)

Once, a friend of mine sent me a telescope as a present! He asked me to open it in front of them to check if everything was ok and nothing was broken! He had payed money to make the insurance ofr it! When I did that (everything was ok!!) do you know what did they say? Even if something was broken we do not take the responsibility and we do not give money!!!! How is that??? :)

This greenman pathtag traveller.... I am wondering if it is a normal pathtag traveller and someone just put the greenman's pathtag on it! :D

I have been the lucky recipient of some mystery coins and they are all incredibly special. I have never found one in a cache, but I have had the joy of them turning up in my mailbox and it always makes me feel like a little kid on Christmas morning :D

THANK YOU mystery coin givers for spreading so much fun and happiness!!!!

Greenman pathtag traveler

:D twice this has crossed my path recently, anyone have a pic? :D

I googled it and this is the picture of the pathtag traveler.

c81d579a-0337-4e0f-a214-e92c16f3c7d8.jpg

Here is what I was talking about...from the MWGB auction....pathtag sherpa (or emmisary?) and a greenman pathtag

IMG_NEW-1-1.jpg

ILYK

I have the feeling that the paththag is the mystical greenman's pathtag!

Now the rest is probably one of the coins that were out with a pathtag in the center, and probably someone changed it and put the greeman's tag in it....

I can not ready what it says on the coin.... does it say greenman pathtag traveller or it mantions mystical greenman?

is there a possibility that (if mystical greenman didn't kame this) someone did this coin and used the pathtag without permission or something?

I would like to know more about it! It is quite nice!!! :D

Our favorite mystery coin is the first mystery coin that we found...the Geocoin Fairy...we had quite an adventure finding it right before we left for a weekend trip to MI, and it remains one of my fondest memories...which is why it is one of my favorite mystery coins.

In regards to what we'd love to find...topping the list is the Bell Witch (Brenda was drooling over the one at the MWGB auction...unfortunately, we were outbid) and the Greenman comes in at a close second.

My favorite Mystery Geocoin that is my favorite is the Imagine Peace, which I will always love:), I would love to find a Honu Turtle Mystery Geocoin. We love animals and love visiting Zoo's wherever we go to travel. We also raised money for our Local Zoo and Gave them 100 percent of the profits. They were amazed that anyone would do that for them. The mystery Coins we have received we really were blessed. Thank You to all those mystery people for being so graciously generous. Thanks for such a nice post, we like reading about about everyones experiences of receiving or finding a mystery geocoin.

IMG_NEW-1-1.jpg

I see now, Yes I can verify that the pathtag is one of mine and the sherpa was made by the geocoin store. I believe it was designed by Chris Mackey.

They do compliment each other nicely if I do say so myself. :D hhhmmm, I may have to talk to Mother~Nature about a new coin design . maybe a sherpa v3?

Thanks for clearing things up and posting the pics.

What are the your favorite mystery coins you have found or would like to find?

Mystical GreenMan

I'm to understand that you intend to attend Cacheapalooza5 in January? Find Chief Talking Bull and ask about my whereabouts. The Chief has a way to see forest happenings that geo-people are not able to see. The info you gather from him could fulfill your wish.

I have noticed several mystery coiners are coming to Cacheapalooza5. Including yourself, tempusfragilis, The Wizard, The Bell Witch, The Cache Reaper and I hope some others! I look forward to being there! :D

Edited by Tennessee Jed

IMG_NEW-1-1.jpg

I see now, Yes I can verify that the pathtag is one of mine and the sherpa was made by the geocoin store. I believe it was designed by Chris Mackey.

They do compliment each other nicely if I do say so myself. :D hhhmmm, I may have to talk to Mother~Nature about a new coin design . maybe a sherpa v3?

sits and vibrates with frustration :D

IMG_NEW-1-1.jpg

actually that sherpa coin is the GGC 2010 - Beware the Hex coin http://www.geocoinstore.com/images/products/416/product3.jpg I'm not sure who designed it

Mystery coins I have received in no particular order because what I love most is the intention of the sender:

CEMPORS UFO (Close Encounters) way cool idea and website

Highland Geofairy: I actually traded for this one. I love the simplicity of the design. Especially the white one although I have all of them :o

New World Order: Bigger is Better :laughing:

G.O'coin Bug Esquire: I just love those eyes, given to me by a great friend.

Dark Knight: Bigger isn't always better :rolleyes: So sleek...and simple

Imagine: I love it because I am a big Beatles fan, I got this just after I had been to London and walked Abbey Road

Sasquatch: My first Mystery coin in Australia made me feel like I still belonged even though I was half a world away

Geobandit: This mystery coiner is so nice they sent me another when I recommended a local cacher who I thought had a heart of gold but was a bit of a rebel

Geocaching Angel:Again simplicity of design. Love it.

The Geocoin Fairy: First mystery coin ever received...for my daughter who was missing quite a few teeth at the time.

The wishing coin:I love those koi, I really do.

Dutch Lion: Iions are brave, this coin showed up at a time when I needed it, miles away from everything and everyone I knew...

Mystery Coins I don't have but would be tickled to receive:

Geo Honu: simple design and a TURTLE!! nuff said

Mystical Greenman:I think of all mystery coins this is the most meaningful and most cache relevant.

The Wizard: I absolutely love the cartooney style so this one is right up my alley. I mean, who wouldn't want to banish all those dumpster micros!

Carpe Diem: I absolutely love the design of this coin. It reminds me of when Hans Solo was 'frozen' in that big slab of carbon. Mostly I live life pretty normally but every once in a while I like to shake things up a bit and take a risk! :D

Colnel H. George Cachington: I love this guy. He puts in great effort to create stories around each coin.

Gele Bussie: I went to school on a yellow cheese wagon for years. Also, one of our favorite road trips here in Australia was in a broken down backpacker bus. Lots of stories there...good times and bad!

so, there you have it. I won't list favorites but rather prefer to list WHY I love each coin individually.

IMG_NEW-1-1.jpg

They do compliment each other nicely if I do say so myself. :laughing: hhhmmm, I may have to talk to Mother~Nature about a new coin design . maybe a sherpa v3?

I like this pathtag. It would be great addition to my mystery collection.

The best way to dicribe my collection is to say what mysterys i´m seeking.

Right now i have a lot of mystery coins. The only coins i´m seeking are

Sinterklaas Mystery Coin

B09 - Het Gele Bussie Mystery Coin

GeoHonu Mystery Turtle

one ore two versions of the easterbunny mystery

and im seeking a second imagine Coin for a friend

I post this evening a picture of my collection.

Best regards René

Could someone please post a picture of the Imagine Peace coin. I am a huge fan...although fan doesn't seem to be a strong enough word...of John Lennon...in fact my youngest son's middle name is Lennon. Didn't know this existed...wow...this thread is making me so jealous...first Jedi's now Lennon...I'm going crazy!

IMG_NEW-1-7.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-2-1.jpg

ILYK

I have been gifted the following mystery coins and I love them all equally:

Goofy Cacher

Geobandit

Close Encounter of the Third Kind

Easter Geocoin Bunny egg

I have traded for 3 versions of The Geocoin Fairy coin and I have purchased the Wishing Coin.

I would love to collect:

New World Order, the 2-tone is gorgeous, but I am also a fan of copper.

Mystical Greenman, I need to look back through the "Attending" logs for our Florida Finders Fest next month, I remember seeing some mystery cachers marked as attending and I think we will be in the company of the Mystical Greenman. I believe the Cache Reaper and Bell Witch will also be in attendance!!

G.O'coin Bug Esquire, this coin is too cute.

I think it is a great thing that ALL of you mystery coin givers are doing by sending these gifts that bring smiles to the faces of the recipients, thank you. May your kindness be rewarded back to you many times over :laughing:

Could someone please post a picture of the Imagine Peace coin. I am a huge fan...although fan doesn't seem to be a strong enough word...of John Lennon...in fact my youngest son's middle name is Lennon. Didn't know this existed...wow...this thread is making me so jealous...first Jedi's now Lennon...I'm going crazy!

IMG_NEW-1-7.jpg

IMG_0001_NEW-2-1.jpg

ILYK

Thanks...absolutly beautiful...Thanks for sharing Doctor.

like many others i cannot pick just one mystery coin over the other. i have been blessed to receive and each of these was met with unbridled jumping around joy!!

Imagine Peace

Carpe Diem

Wishing Coin

Geo Bandit

secret agent — with my birthday on it #13

cache reaper

geocaching angel

new world order - but gave that away to a more deserving soul

mickey diver

dutch lion - gave that to a friend who had never received a mystery coin

ah, the list of wishes - one does not wish to appear greedy as to wish for any and all i don't have, but, in no particular order

mystical greenman

cache reaper copper

sasquatch

phantom

new world order two-tone - if i could have my "druthers"

sinterclaus

dutch lion

thanks for the great excuse to get out the coin albums and oooh and aaah over coins. that is always fun.

rsg

Edited by RedShoesGirl

Hi,

this are my coincollection

dsci0069a.th.jpg

From left to right from the first line to the last:

Secret Agent

Great Geo-Pumpkin

Colonel H. George Cachington's Dragon

Mystery Christmas Stocking

Mystery Merry Christmas Snowflake

Carpe Diem

Coinfather Blue Mystery Edition

Mystery Christmas Coin 2005

Mystery--Creepy Crawly Cachers Halloween 2007

Mystical Greenman

Luck and Protection Double Dragon

Bell Witch

Coin Dropping Fairy

Easter Geocoin Bunny 2010 Woodstock + other versions (i need the charly brown version)

Geocoin Devil Gold and Silver (looking for the black nickel version)

The Geocoin Fairy ant. Gold, ant. Cooper, ant. silver, black nickel, polished Gold 2010 (i need the silver 2010)

Mystery Binary Coin Gold and Silver

The Cache Reaper cooper and ant. silver

Geocaching Jedi (i´m seeking the ant. silver version)

Imagine Mystery

Wizard Mystery

Dark Knight BN and Nickel

Mystery Gator Nation

Mystery Mouth of the South

GeoBandit

Mystery - Mickey Diver

Mystery Puzzle Coin

G. O'Coin B.U.G. Gold and Cooper

Goofy Cacher

Geocaching Angel

The Phantom Cacher....

Highland Geofairy Mystery Coin 2008 Nickel

Mystery - Geo Sasquatch

Mystery - Wishing Coin

Geo Leprechaun Pot of Gold silver and black nickel

Close Encointer of the Third Kind

Dutch Lion Mystery Coin

So thats it for the moment, but i try to get some more coins that i have not in my collection.

My most want to have coins are

Sinterklaas Mystery Coin

Het Gele Bussie

GD Mystery

GD Mystery square

I crossed my fingers that sometimes i could finished my collection.

So have fun and best regards René

We've been gifted 3; Great Geo Pumpkin,Creepy Crawley Cacher,and Dark Night v2. We treasure them all,not for value or rarity,but because somebody,somewhere,thought about somebody elses' happiness.We,ve seen some rough times,but they're still with us! The one we would most like to receive is........The Belle Witch. Thanks again to all the givers,you are special people!

I didn't know there were so many mysterie coins. I have one at the moment wich came to my by trade; The Dutch Lion. As I'm Dutch and my zodiac sign is Lion, you can imagine I'm very happy with it. From the ones I know I like the Wizard, New World Order and Close encointer ot the 3rd Kind very much.

The idea of not knowing who made them and not knowing who gave/send it to you is also very nice I think. As it is in life; not all can be known....

A scientist once said; I think we have to learn to live with mysteries.

Just saw the GEOCACHERS LUCK & PROTECTION GEOCOIN, that looks also very nice. I don't know what my favourite is any more :P

Edited by JackHoe

Mystical Greenman, I need to look back through the "Attending" logs for our Florida Finders Fest next month, I remember seeing some mystery cachers marked as attending and I think we will be in the company of the Mystical Greenman. I believe the Cache Reaper and Bell Witch will also be in attendance!!

Wow, really? We're attending FFF as Team Underachievers (we log a lot of miles for a few smileys!).

Any chance I may meet one of these mystery folks?

Janet