iPad for Geocaching

Farrkin

I was looking at some satellite images on my iPad and thought how nice it would be to take the images with me on the hunt. ( I'm on vacation and don't have a computer or printer with me). I did a screen capture of the image and that was it. Hi res sat image if it was needed.

I won't use this all the time but it worked really nice for some of the tougher finds

I know very little about iPads, so this might be a dumb question. I've seen them in our local Apple store, and played around on the Internet, presumably going through the store's Wifi? Can you get a wireless network card, (or Apple equivalent), so you can get online anywhere you get cell phone coverage? If so, I think it'd be pretty kewl to put Google Earth on there, with the .kml software running.

I know very little about iPads, so this might be a dumb question. I've seen them in our local Apple store, and played around on the Internet, presumably going through the store's Wifi? Can you get a wireless network card, (or Apple equivalent), so you can get online anywhere you get cell phone coverage? If so, I think it'd be pretty kewl to put Google Earth on there, with the .kml software running.

Get the G3 enabled iPad and it can "connect" to almost anything (internet) through G3 cellular network (you may need a contract) or just use its WIFI capabilities, it also has the AGPS chip which will actually provide lat/lon coordinate for satellite GPS system (at least this is my understanding)..

I to have many questions about capabilities of iPad ...

EDIT to Add link to ATT G3 services...

http://www.apple.com/ipad/3g/

Dale

Edited by Dale_Lynn

They make an iPad that is basically like a big cell phone. My iPad only has wifi but it is easy view the google maps satellite images when near wifi then capture the images and then look at them anytime.

I sometimes use my iphone to view the sat images when Geocaching around my home but the roaming data charges would kill me when I am away on vacations.