Old Cache Sign In

IMSplinter

B) Hello.. IMSplinter also know as Splinter.

I have been geocaching with my dad Mtnmutt and brother Furball for many years, even when we were in Boy Scouts. we have been signing into caches but my brother & I have not accounts until recently.

Are you going to have a cow if we go back and log FINDS, now we have accounts? I see others have but I do not want to upset some of you.

Is this ok, please?

IMSplinter :D

I'm doing it for my 10 year old daughter right now. Just like a previous post, I'm putting an explanation in the log that she just got her own account and is logging the finds.

As she gets older, if she decides to continue caching on her own, then she's got a record of what she's done. Wish I just would have thought of that from the beginning :D

Then their are ones that were Archived that they signed into but never logged. They missed out on those.

I don't see why they can't. The logging feature isn't disabled.

I'll second that. If you couldn't log archived caches I would have never been able to log the lilypad. Only time it might be a problem is if it is locked, but that only happens with "problem" caches.

Then their are ones that were Archived that they signed into but never logged. They missed out on those.

I don't see why they can't. The logging feature isn't disabled.

I'll second that. If you couldn't log archived caches I would have never been able to log the lilypad. Only time it might be a problem is if it is locked, but that only happens with "problem" caches.

Or, as has happened to me in the past, with problem cachers. Present company was not involved in that mess.

As a cache owner who has had several cachers do this, I have no problem with it, but just one request: if you can, don't log your old finds with new dates. Try and include an accurate "found" date. This is especially useful on archived caches, because if you log with the current date, it'll stay on top of the list of logs nearly forever.