how do you find a bug that was in your cache and is now gone

Guest bushongrus

Guest bushongrus

I had a bug in one on my caches and it has moved on now. What I want to do is find that bug and see were it has gone to. I know write down the information. "Next time" but can someone help me on this one.

Guest Zuckerruebensirup

Someone else asked a similar question once. Here's what was recommended there:

quote:
Originally posted by IBcrashen (in the Locating and tracking Bugs who's number you ain't got thread):

If you know the name try going to google.com and do a search for it to find the bugs page. If you have the bug and the bug`s number you can log picking up/dropping it off. I`ve had to do this a couple of times with some of my bugs that other didnt log correctly.

[This message has been edited by Zuckerruebensirup (edited 04 March 2002).]

Guest Markwell

If you know the bug's name, go to www.google.com and in the search box type site:www.geocaching.com put a space and then type the bug's name in quotes (it has to be precise when you put it in quotes).

About 90% of the time, that will find the bug. It doesn't always work, but that's your best shot.

The other way would be to scroll through the 844 bugs that have pictures in the gallery and hope you come across it (if it even has a picture) icon_wink.gif.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt

Guest Markwell

If you know the bug's name, go to www.google.com and in the search box type site:www.geocaching.com put a space and then type the bug's name in quotes (it has to be precise when you put it in quotes).

About 90% of the time, that will find the bug. It doesn't always work, but that's your best shot.

The other way would be to scroll through the 844 bugs that have pictures in the gallery and hope you come across it (if it even has a picture) icon_wink.gif.

------------------

Markwell

My GPS Activity Page

Non omnes vagi perditi sunt