Mystery cahces in Central Ontario

MontyFam

With just over 200 finds (since we started in February 2010) we have completed 2 mystery caches and have viewed and tried to get clues on various others in the area. Some seem very very tricky and google doesn't always have the answers... Just wondering if we are alone in thinking that we may never complete some of these or should we be more optimistic as we become more experienced cachers? I have some clues figured out on some of the caches in our area but am totally lost on some of them... Any tips for noobs? Thanks in advance :D

We consider ourselves fairly creative people and would like to create a mystery cache shortly but will hold off until we feel we have enough experience with this cache type...

Admittedly, it's a bit of shameless self promotion... but if you have a Wherigo capable device.. you can download the Wherigo cartridge that is a companion to this cache: http://coord.info/GC1ZXMT

This is a Wherigo I created that *takes* you to 7 of my puzzle caches around the Huronia area (which should be close enough to home for you!).

Once you get within 161m of the "actual final co-ords" of each of the puzzles, the Wherigo will actually TELL you how to solve the puzzle yourself... right before it gives you the final co-ords to the puzzle in question.

(Hint : Take two GPS devices... or remember to SAVE a lot!!)

Oh -- and at the end of it -- you get a Wherigo find, also.

That will give you some insight perhaps on how a few of the puzzles are created... or, as Juicepig says... just ask!!