Planning An Event Cache

munchtime

I organised an event recently and as an extra idea I got some coloured pencils and downloaded the Colouring & Activity book from Geocaching Uni, found it helped to keep them occupied while the adults chatted.

Drat! I was looking forward to the colouring in bit... :D

Then you say the adults chat. :)

:D

You can always leave the children to chat whilst the adults get on with the serious business...of colouring in. :)

Are there any rules and regulations I need to know before I list an event. I have looked through the site but came up blank.

What a good question, and I am sure there are other things above and beyond what is laid down in the rules by geocaching.

I was looking at setting up a meeting in Frome for my local cachers, the problem is most of them don't want to meet in pubs, so I was looking at other local venues.

Most wanted to know about tricky things such as, if children are coming will the adults there be CRB checked, what kind of ancillary insurance would I be providing, etc...

*sigh*

I was looking at setting up a meeting in Frome for my local cachers, the problem is most of them don't want to meet in pubs, so I was looking at other local venues.

Most wanted to know about tricky things such as, if children are coming will the adults there be CRB checked, what kind of ancillary insurance would I be providing, etc...

*sigh*

Is that the venue asking or the cahers? If the venue just explain that the parents will be there to look after their own kids so nobody needs to be CRB checked. Sounds like pedantic nosense to me.......

Hold a pub event - they'll come (assume the dates suit). Or find a park and have a picnic - no venue issues at all then.

Are there any rules and regulations I need to know before I list an event. I have looked through the site but came up blank.

What a good question, and I am sure there are other things above and beyond what is laid down in the rules by geocaching.

*sigh*

It is getting really sad isn't it when it comes to this. Time will come when there will be separate burger outlets et al for kids. Only staffed by accredited people of course. Likewise, I hope this was the venue asking as I do hope that cachers have a bit more sense!?

Is that the venue asking or the cahers? If the venue just explain that the parents will be there to look after their own kids so nobody needs to be CRB checked. Sounds like pedantic nosense to me.......

Hold a pub event - they'll come (assume the dates suit). Or find a park and have a picnic - no venue issues at all then.

It was the venue not the cachers. The park is out of the question due to the time of the year and as I say most of the local cachers seem uncomfortable with meeting in a pub - dunno why, but there you go. Hence my attempt at finding a suitable other venue.

Given the level of silliness exhibited by three local venues, I'm waiting until next spring before a get together is planned, and we can have a picnic.

Tsiolkovsky

It was the venue not the cachers. The park is out of the question due to the time of the year and as I say most of the local cachers seem uncomfortable with meeting in a pub - dunno why, but there you go. Hence my attempt at finding a suitable other venue.

Given the level of silliness exhibited by three local venues, I'm waiting until next spring before a get together is planned, and we can have a picnic.

Tsiolkovsky

Does the venue require every adult attending any function to be CRB checked? You never know when they might come across someone else's child.