Looking for a consensus

Guest worldtraveler

Guest worldtraveler

Picked up travel bug in E. TN and took to W. TN (400 mi.)

Found a microcache in W. TN and took picture of bug there, but couldn't leave it.

Bug's owner wants me to take it to PA and leave it in a cache when I go there next week.

Question: Should I log the bug as dropped off and picked back up at the cache in W. TN so that the mileage will count, or should I only log the drop off in PA since the bug never left my possession in W. TN?

------------------

Worldtraveler

Guest Morseman

quote:
Originally posted by jeremy:

Drop it off and grab it in the caches you visit

I would go with that, as a simple TB owner and collector.

I have been aproached by someone who picked up one of my TBs. The problem was he could not remember the TB number and, for the life of me, I could not remember it either!

The problem then became that I could find the "TB" number, but I did not seem to be able to collect the TB from where the person who had collected the TB from its resting place, and placed it into another cache, where he had put it.

Should I, as ultimate owner, have some control over collection and placement, especially when the rightful owner collected and placed a TB without realising what was expected of them?

After all, there is much that has the ability to confuse in this wonderful hobby!

--... ...--

Morseman

------------------

--... ...--

Morseman

Guest MissJenn

Originally posted by worldtraveler:

Bug's owner wants me to take it to PA and leave it in a cache when I go there next week.

May I ask which bug you have and where in PA it may appear next? I could help it along locally ....

------------------

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power. - Ashleigh Brilliant ©

Guest MissJenn

quote:
Originally posted by worldtraveler:

May I ask which bug you have and where in PA it may appear next? I could help it along locally ....

------------------

All I want is a warm bed and a kind word and unlimited power. - Ashleigh Brilliant ©

Guest worldtraveler

PROUD travel bug (TBA51) is scheduled to travel to Philadelphia next week. I'm thinking about placing him in the newly-relocated Paper Mill Stop cache (GC1F82).

------------------

Worldtraveler