Vista Hcx USB problem on Windows 7 64bit

StanByk

Hi,

My computer has stopped recognizing my Vista Hcx. I am running Windows 7 64bit. I did download and install the USB drivers from the Garmin website but still no success.

I can connect it to another Windows 7 computer (32bit) that I own without any problems.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Robert

You say it stopped recognizing. Are you saying it used to work? If so then it is not likely the drivers. Even so, you should try uninstalling all Garmin USB drivers and then reinstalling from here (Note: you should uninstall and install drivers all while the unit is unplugged from the computer). Also, try using a different cable. Maybe the USB cable has gone bad. Also, try a different USB port on the computer. Maybe the port has gone bad.

Edited by GeePa

Try powering down the computer, unplug it for a couple of minutes and then restarting it. Seems to work a lot of times to fix the problem. if not, you can try going in device manager and uninstall the usb hub where the unit is connected and reads "unknown device" and restart the computer - the usb hub will be reinstalled and might fix your problem

Edited by gpscybr