Travel Bugs when working as a Group

fmerrow

I was wondering how families or couples handle Travel Bugs they find. My son and I cache together most of the time. When we find a TB we both want to log it, but if we do that it creates redundant entries in the logs, but if we don't do that then one of us doesn't how the "find" on his web page.

How are other folks handling this?

Frank

quote:
Originally posted by fmerrow:

I was wondering how families or couples handle Travel Bugs they find. My son and I cache together most of the time. When we find a TB we both want to log it, but if we do that it creates redundant entries in the logs, but if we don't do that then one of us doesn't how the "find" on his web page.

How are other folks handling this?

Frank

My son doesn't care for travel bugs and sees no use for them, so I never have to fight him for them. But we also only log in from one account too as he hasn't set up his own account.

He'll probably create his own account when he gets a little older. icon_biggrin.gif

I often cache with two people from work (TD Lunch Bunch). When we get a bug one of us logs it. The next cache we visit (usually within a week) that person puts it in an the next takes it and logs it. This usually means a week between caches for the bug but at least within a month three people handle it. I'm not sure what the handle rate (cachers handled per month) is for a bug. I also cache alone and will drop off a bug if my co-workers have already had it.

Don't know how this sits with fellow geocachers so the flameproof suit will go on now.

You can do it either way, I see it done all kinds of ways.

Note that if you only want to log a bug as a find, you can post a note to the bug, you don't have to grab it. But, who cares about numbers and stats, right? icon_smile.gif

When I cache with others (my brother and I go togeher often) then we never (or rarely) trade travel bugs. We have a rule that whomever finds the cache first gets first dibs on anything in the cache. So, if the cache has a bug, first finder gets it. If I am with my brother when he drops off a bug, I think it's kind of lame to just pick it right back up. We've done it before, and like I say, it really doesn't matter, but we just usually don't do it.

We both have signature items that we leave in caches too. He has a cool geocaching patch that he designed. I wanted one, but it would be lame to just ask him for one, and it would be as lame to take one from a cache that we just did together. So, neither of us ever did that. I had to find a cache that he had found without me, and I had to do it before anyone else took his sig item. It took me about a month, but I finally got one. I actually saw two that same day. He did the same with my sig items.

So, there's my two bits.

PuzzleBug