"micro"

radracer20

Some micros are actually nanos which are about the size of a finger tip. There is no listing setting for nano so they are usually listed as a micro.

Actually the definition for "Micro" includes the wording ".....and smaller" - so even those things that some choose to call "nano" are very much so included in the definition of "micro".

Still new to geocaching but seams like these micros are the big thing up here. Gotta say there kind of a turn off to me logs are small can hardly read them with my eyes. So are micros the in thing to hide these days or am I just in an area that has an odd amount of them?

Micro >

Free container.

Only contains log sheet. (sometimes a pencil, doesn't stay in there long!)

No need to provide swaps.

Little thought on placement > No great shakes if it gets muggled.

If/when it needs maintenance, cos it's wet, 'Archive' it, place a new one.

Still new to geocaching but seams like these micros are the big thing up here. Gotta say there kind of a turn off to me logs are small can hardly read them with my eyes. So are micros the in thing to hide these days or am I just in an area that has an odd amount of them?

Micro >

Free container.

Only contains log sheet. (sometimes a pencil, doesn't stay in there long!)

No need to provide swaps.

Little thought on placement > No great shakes if it gets muggled.

If/when it needs maintenance, cos it's wet, 'Archive' it, place a new one.

While that's true micro's are much easier to hide than bigger caches just due to their size. So you either have a micro cache or no cache at all.

I have found that some say micro and are really NANO.

To really understand the size of a nano - this is my small 11 yo holding one next to a dime...

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/d3e563...91dbc5bddb8.jpg

(i hope that worked...)

there is a log book in that thing ( nano ) next to the dime? wow thats crazy small. I have too admit I was looking for something on the ground lol something bigger.

thanks for all replys, going hunting again today. im excited about my next find.

So what would you (anyone who cares to answer) consider those ever-popular bright-orange waterproof matchstick containers? Would you call them micro or small?

Haven't seen one, but would say Micro.

The line seems to be 'If you can get swaps* in, it's small. If it's only a log (with/without pencil) it's micro'

*May be just a small TB and tag, Geocoin** small item/items.

** Yes, I'm aware there are Micro Geocoins. :)

Not easy this, is it? :D

I have found that some say micro and are really NANO.

To really understand the size of a nano - this is my small 11 yo holding one next to a dime...

http://img.geocaching.com/cache/log/d3e563...91dbc5bddb8.jpg

(i hope that worked...)

there is a log book in that thing ( nano ) next to the dime? wow thats crazy small. I have too admit I was looking for something on the ground lol something bigger.

thanks for all replys, going hunting again today. im excited about my next find.

Hence the suggestion, when you are new, to look for small, regular, and large.

And miss the size unknown/not stated, as most times (not always) they are nano's.