eTrex

WalkingWood

I have managed to get the Etrex talking to the PC and I can even now transfer waypoints, my issue is that the Waypoint names are all 7 characters long whereas the Garmin eTrex seems to only use 6 characters and as you can guess this can lead to one overwriting another. is there any way to configure the system to either accept the 7 or only send the last 5 or 6?

On a second issue I have noted that the actual waypoints that arrive in the Etrex are actually 0.002' off on the North setting anyone else noted this?

WalkingWood

Edited by WalkingWood

Use GSAK then in the gps/send waypoint option put %Drop2 for the waypoint name.

This will delete 'GC' from the name of the geocache.

To make it easier to list all the geocaches in the Etrex add any alpha/numeric to the code.

Z%Drop2 would delete the GC and add a capital 'Z' to the start of the name.

OK now I am showing my ignorance, please explain 'GSAK' ......

Having asked the question I have now found the anwser..... I'll check this out, thanks for teh advice...

Edited by WalkingWood

Which eTrex are you using? My Venture HC displays more than 7 characters in the name.

As for being off on North, ( and I think you mean the direction) check your setup menu. Could the device be set for magnetic north instead of true north or vice-versa.

Of course none of this means anything if I didn't understand your original question.