Iridescent Dreams: Reservations CLOSED

tsunrisebey

Hi everybody :D

Well I gave a sneak-peek of this coin over in the mailbox thread so I guess I better start a thread for it.

Had a sale the other day which included this coin and after all the emails, guess it would just be easier to open a thread and discuss it without having to reply to everyone.

Anyhow, long story short, the version I am going to post was originally coming to GCF with me to sell as a vendor. At first I was going to GCF for fun, then I decided to vendor so there would be more vendors (lol) and then after more vendors signed up, figured there was now plenty and they didn't need me B) So I said, I am coming and went to the original idea of going to have fun, no stress. I lived in MN for a number of years growing up and I'm a die-hard Vikes fan, so I want to run around and not be tied down :grin:

So I got all these coins in and there's more on the way :rolleyes: I didn't want to hang on to them, so I elected to have an "unannounced" sale. Loaded all the Pegasus, Dragonflies and Neptunes in the store and then made the announcement there were coins for sale. Apparently a large number of you have nothing better to do than wait for coin sales :D Everything sold out in under an hour (not bad for throwing a surprise sale out there).

I didn't mint many of these coins since I had to ship them to MN for the event along with bunches of other coins.

There were 50 of both platings (BN and Gold). So not exactly many of these done. The sale allowed for only 1 of each version to maximize amount of people who could order.

Anyhow for all those that emailed me wondering where the coins were or if more would be available, the answer is yes :) When I come home from GCF, I will open up this design for reservations (along with Pegasus and Sea of Treasures), so don't worry, you will have plenty of time to get one :)

If people really like the color scheme below, I will consider opening that color up for reservations also. I haven't really taken the time to sit down and think about what I'll do yet and have left the option open to mint these editions again.

Trackable/Unique Icon/ 2" in diameter/ 3mm thick/ Small hole/

This edition is called the Meadowhawk. My photo below is part of the inspiration behind the coin :) As a matter of fact, the day the samples arrived, I came home to a yard full of these dragonflies.

I hope this answers questions that some of you had.

Thanks for the support as always, you guys totally rock!

tsun

009.jpg

013.jpg

011copy.jpg

Edited by Eartha

I guess I got lucky and logged into facebook at the right time... I placed my order for this one and others, ate some dinner and returned to see they all sold out very quickly!

I must say, although the sale was unannounced, and some missed out, it was great NOT to be stressed out on an infamous F5 tsun sale! :rolleyes: my blood pressure thanks you!

BTW Steph, great design! can't wait to see it in person... :D

I GOT A DRAGONFLY

I turned the computer on just in time for the sale. Got through checkout quickly with a dragonfly and then noticed on confirmation that I forgot to add the others to my cart. Went back into the store to reorder but TO LATE THEY WERE GONE.

I'm always to slow for your sales so this was FANTASTIC. THANKS

Edited by luckycharmer

well, I'd like to speak for all of us out there in geocoin addiction land...(and as one who missed the unannounced sale):

1. Thank you for designing such great coins!

2. Thank you for your graciousness in asking if we like your designs and coin...

3. ...the answer is (of course), "YES, make more!" :rolleyes:

4. We can't wait until your next sale/reservation...

5. time to join facebook

:DB):grin::):)

Edited by Pastor_B

1. Thank you for designing such great coins!

2. Thank you for your graciousness in asking if we like your designs and coin...

3. ...the answer is (of course), "YES, make more!" :rolleyes:

4. We can't wait until your next sale/reservation...

5. time to join facebook

:DB):grin::):)

I second that!

I caught just the tail end and could only get a Pegasus, but not the color I wanted. If anyone got an extra Spirit of Ancestors I will trade a Dreamtime for it.

Very nice! Are you planning any other color variations?

Yes :rolleyes: I only made 1 version to sell at GCF and this was it. It was a lasy minute decision on my part to even mint the design for GCF, so I didn't even bother with other color combos for samples, too much in a hurry to get it done. There probably won't be a Steelers version though :D hahahaha.

Very nice! Are you planning any other color variations?

Yes :) I only made 1 version to sell at GCF and this was it. It was a lasy minute decision on my part to even mint the design for GCF, so I didn't even bother with other color combos for samples, too much in a hurry to get it done. There probably won't be a Steelers version though :D hahahaha.

Aw man!

Not that you asked for opinions or anything, but I offer mine away...

You do such a fine fine job of combining colors that I want to see more and different color combos...

Well thank you :D

This design lends itself to being the perfect opportunity to be the translucent junkie you have all come to know and love :) After GCF, I'll be pondering colors and metals with a big smile on my face. I've got lots of ideas :D I may use this design much like the Cache Hoppers and keep it as an "in stock" item although I have yet to keep anything "in stock" for some odd reason :)

This design lends itself to being the perfect opportunity to be the translucent junkie you have all come to know and love :D After GCF, I'll be pondering colors and metals with a big smile on my face. I've got lots of ideas :) I may use this design much like the Cache Hoppers and keep it as an "in stock" item although I have yet to keep anything "in stock" for some odd reason :)

Ohhh, I can't wait. And I love the idea of in stock coins, even if they don't seem to stay :)

When I think of a dragonfly, I think of blues and greens. And these are my favorite colors too. So here's to hoping!! :D

Thanks for the reservations, we love these little guys! We had the most beautiful Dragonflies flitting around our creek this year, with iridescent blue bodies and jet black wings, they were positively magical! :):D

julia51 - is this the insect to which you refer?

damselebony.jpg

These are commonly called Ebony Jewelwings, and are actually Damselflies. They are gorgeous! Population declines have been observed in parts of their range, causing them to be listed as species of conservation concern in some states.

WOW!!! :rolleyes:

It goes without saying that tsun outdid herself again with this design. I held it in my hand for about 30 seconds and it was confiscated by Mrs. LL, Who said "Thank you hun, it's gorgeous!" I failed at any attempt to recover it as I was told to "get another one" ...

... as you can tell Mrs. LL doesn't understand that I can't just "get another one" so easily... I'll have to wait till she falls asleep to plan a recon mission for it's recovery...

Another great design Steph!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::unsure:

Thanks for the reservations, we love these little guys! We had the most beautiful Dragonflies flitting around our creek this year, with iridescent blue bodies and jet black wings, they were positively magical! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

julia51 - is this the insect to which you refer?

damselebony.jpg

These are commonly called Ebony Jewelwings, and are actually Damselflies. They are gorgeous! Population declines have been observed in parts of their range, causing them to be listed as species of conservation concern in some states.

Yes it is, thank you! They graced our little creek for a good while this summer but haven't seen them for awhile now. Terribly dry here in MD, may have something to do with it.

I will be starting reservations for the new editions tomorrow after I get home from work. Those on Facebook have seen some pictures of upcoming versions. I will have all the information on how to reserve coins posted after I get home from work. I will keep the reservations open until Sunday evening.

There will be future minting of more colors down the road but this minting I decided to try a couple of different combinations that I wouldn't normally do. There are a couple of "typical" tsun color versions also.

Here are the editions you'll see tomorrow: Montana Oro y Plata, Tsun Select (limit 1 coin per person), Nutella Delight, Black n Glow, Vikings Gold, and The Blues Brothers (can only be ordered as a pair).

See you tomorrow with details :)

tsun

Reservation Information

Please send reservations to the following email address:

tsunrisebeydesigns@gmail.com

Reservations will be open until July 17th (Sunday) 8:00 pm, Montana time.

By placing a reservation you agree to the following terms: I will order coins on your behalf. When the coins are shipped to me, I will send you an amount due. You will have 3 days to pay for your order. If you do not pay for your order, you will no longer be able to order any tsunrisebey coins in the future. I also reserve the right to refuse any orders. Please ask all questions prior to placing your order.

*** *** *** Pictures of the coins are located in Post #31. *** *** ***

*Prices for the coin INCLUDE shipping to the US, Canada, UK, NZ, and AUS. All other International orders will be charged and additional $2.00 fee due to the expense to mail to the EU.

*** Pricing: $10.25 per coin.

*** Blues Brothers (pair): $19.00

*** Order 1 full set (7 coins total which includes the Tsun Select): $69.00

*** Order 12 or more coins the price will drop to $10 per coin.

Orders in the US weighing more than 13 ounces will be shipped Priority mail.

Thank you very much for your support! I anticipate coins to arrive sometime in mid-August. I will update this thread as I get information. Please only order what you can afford or what you really want. Buying coins is not worth going into debt for! Buy responsibly :)

Please copy and paste the following information to place your reservation

tsunrisebeydesigns@gmail.com

Geocaching name:

Paypal email:

_____: Blues Brothers Set ($19.00)

_____: Tsun Select (limit 1)

_____: Montana Oro y Plata

_____: Nutella Delight

_____: Black and Glow

_____: Vikings Gold

_____: 1 Full Set only (limit 1 full set because of the Tsun select coin $69.00)

Thank you to everyone who has placed a reservation so far. I have replied to all emails (right Trasi? :P).

So far the sets seem to be the most popular. Individual coins that are most popular (top 3) are Tsun Select, Black and Glow, and Oro y Plata.

I have been wearing my sample coins to work and by far the women at work love the Oro y Plata, Tsun Select, and Blues Brothers the best. Although none of them geocache, they are placing orders too for necklace pendants :D (minus the tracking #'s).

My favorite is the Oro y Plata version, I think it looks really classy.

Thanks again for the support, it's much appreciated.

tsun

Just wrapped up confirmation emails to all reservations received last night through today. If you didn't get a response from me, I didn't get your email.

Results are Oro y Plata pulling ahead by a short lead, followed by Black n Glow for non-set orders :)

Looks like when it's time to ship, I will have some serious packing to do :D

Thanks again everyone, I look forward to getting these ordered and eventually getting them to their new homes.

tsun