New League Forming - Geocoin Fantasy Football!

bnpkidz

I meant to do this earlier but I have been busy retooling my geocoin fantasy baseball team for a post-season run. I have run several fantasy football leagues in the past and am looking forward to adding a geocoin flair to mine this year.

We will use ESPN.com since they don't charge for services that many other sites do. The league is open to the first 12 teams that send me a message through my GEOCACHING PROFILE. Once I receive your email address I will send you a link to join the league. The draft will occur on September 7th. You can be online to draft your team or ESPN will draft it for you.

The rules will be fairly common in terms of scoring, but you must ante up 1 geocoin to activate your team. You must send in your geocoin prior to the start of the season. I will maintain a list so everyone can see what has been sent in and verify what I have received from each team. I do this at the beginning of the season because there are always 2-3 teams who stop "playing" midway through the season and they never send in their coin to the winner. This way, everyone has a vested interest and I will randomly distribute the coins after the season concludes.

First place wins 8 coins. Second place wins 4 coins. In addition, I will give away coins from my personal collection for leaders in mystery statistical categories throughout the season (at least 3 times).

Please contact me if you have any questions.

Edited by bnprood

I meant to do this earlier but I have been busy retooling my geocoin fantasy baseball team for a post-season run. I have run several fantasy football leagues in the past and am looking forward to adding a geocoin flair to mine this year.

We will use ESPN.com since they don't charge for services that many other sites do. The league is open to the first 12 teams that send me a message through my GEOCACHING PROFILE. Once I receive your email address I will send you a link to join the league. The draft will occur on September 7th. You can be online to draft your team or ESPN will draft it for you.

The rules will be fairly common in terms of scoring, but you must ante up 1 geocoin to activate your team. You must send in your geocoin prior to the start of the season. I will maintain a list so everyone can see what has been sent in and verify what I have received from each team. I do this at the beginning of the season because there are always 2-3 teams who stop "playing" midway through the season and they never send in their coin to the winner. This way, everyone has a vested interest and I will randomly distribute the coins after the season concludes.

First place wins 8 coins. Second place wins 4 coins. In addition, I will give away coins from my personal collection for leaders in mystery statistical categories throughout the season (at least 3 times).

Please contact me if you have any questions.

E-mail sent

count me in

email sent...

I sent out the latest round of invites last night. We are up to 7 teams. Draft day is on the 7th so we really need a push this holiday weekend to get the remaining 5 teams signed up. If you would like to play, or know anyone that is interested in playing, please let them know!

If we get to 10 teams by Tuesday then we can play with that amount, although I would need to make changes to the playoff structure and coin payout, but it can be done.

Maybe if we guarantee TSUN Brett Favre as her QB she will join too. B)

Okay coiners, the deadline for signing up is fast approaching! Test your fantasy football mettle in this exciting head-2-head league. If you have trolled this thread and are interested in playing this season, there are still slots open. By tomorrow, Monday evening, entry to the league will be closed for the season. However, WE STILL NEED AT LEAST 2 MORE TEAMS (but preferably four). I have a couple of non-geocaching team owners willing to fill in if we need them to, but I would really prefer to keep this to geocoin collectors so the competition will be that much more exciting and meaningful.

If we get 10 teams we can play with that number and I will just lengthen the season and cut a week off the playoffs. Remember, in addition to the coins won by the top 3 finishers, I will be sending out random coins throughout the season (at least three times) for leaders in mystery statistical categories (which I will announce as the season progresses).

SO PLEASE, if you are interested, send your contact information through my GC.com profile and I will send you an invite to the league.

-Brian

Edited by bnprood

We are down to one final spot in the league! If you are interested, now is the last chance to join! As an added incentive (cointest), the next (last) team to join will receive a Geowoodstock Cachekinz! Registration for the league will end today, so get in while you still can! As always, please feel free to contact me through my GC profile to register or if you have any questions.

I meant to do this earlier in the week, but I have been under the weather and taking care of sick kiddo at the same time so much of my free time has been spent sleeping! Coins started flowing in this week and I wanted to get an up to date list out here so you know what you are playing for! The list is current as of today's mail drop at my house and this list will be posted on the league website as well as the GC forums.

Old Leatherman Coin - Team GoGints

Constellation Bronze (not sure of official name but very nice and BIG coin) - Team KMom

New Zealand/Kiwi Gold Geocoin - Rodeo Clowns

Love Geocoin - Silver/Purple Heart Edition - Coe Kidz

Cornucopia Geocoin - Dreds Dogs

Scouting Coin** - Boiler Todd

With Todd's geocoin, there was a snafu with the mail service so we are working on our respective ends to try and locate the coin.

If you have not done so already, please take a moment and send in your ante coin.

There will also be a cointest this week for a TSun Cache Hopper coin, so watch your emails for specifics about who will win the coin!

Good luck in week 3, everyone!

First, I apologize for the tardiness of this post. The holidays took me by storm and we had family in for the better part of two weeks to visit and see our son enjoy his first Christmas.

With that being said, congratulations to Team K-Mom for winning the inaugural season of our geocoin league. A hearty congrats is also in order for the Cache Tigers on their stellar play. If you two ladies could please forward me your addresses, I will get your coin winnings packaged up and sent out this week.

As with any first-year league, I learned quite a bit about being a commissioner and have had discussions with several owners about possible changes to the setting for next season. Rest assured that there will indeed be many tweaks by the time the next season rolls around.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable time and will consider playing again next season. Who knows, perhaps I'll start a baseball league in a couple of months!

Happy (belated) New Year and congrats to Team K-Mom on a spectacular season!