Pocket Query problem

I don't think I am doing anything different and if I preview the PQ in google maps all the caches are there. However, when I copy the PQ gpx file to my Oregon 300 they aren't there (no caches at all are on the Oregon even though several .gpx and wpts.gpx (downloaded/unzipped first) have been copied across).

If I use 'send to GPS' for a single cache it transfers without any problem.

I have deleted all waypoints and past PQ's ... so at the moment the Oregon is empty

Anyone else come across this problem?

This is a long running Colorado issue, which seems hit and miss on files. I though it was sorted on the Oregon, I would suggest updating to the latest software.

The work around for me (on a Colorado) is to connect the PC delete the GPX files on the unit, unplug start it up, then reconnect to PC and load in new GPX file. This is still then hit and miss and still fails sometimes but two master resets normally sort it :D

Garmin are still 'working on it' every month or so they contact me to give an update, due one next week, I only logged the issue in March :rolleyes:

I often get problems with it refusing to boot up after loading a large number of caches (say 1500-2000). The bootup screen freezes and loading less than 1000 tends to give me less problems.

What is the master reset procedure?

When that happens to me, I take the batteries out, count to ten and pop them back in. Usually works. (Oregon 300) Is there an official method?

Something to remember. While the Oregons hold between 2000 and 5000 caches (depends on model) they can only hold 200 GPX files. If you create a PQ of 1000 caches that is still only one GPX file. The same with GSAK as the macro produces a single file. If you transfer individual caches they are separate GPX files so you could only have 200. In theory in you never delete the old ones in the unit you could excede this number.

Chris

Graculus

Volunteer UK Reviewer for geocaching.com

UK Geocaching Information & Resources website www.follow-the-arrow.co.uk

Geocaching.com Knowledge Books

I often get problems with it refusing to boot up after loading a large number of caches (say 1500-2000). The bootup screen freezes and loading less than 1000 tends to give me less problems.

What is the master reset procedure?

Stuey

Info about the Master reset ?

I was expecting it to go back to factory default .... but it didn't. It lost my cache count, but I think all my other personalisation of menus etc remained. (I did remove my SD card first though)