Red Telephone Boxes - Bookmark list

Beefy4605

Question (Sorry, still new at this adventure). Are these RTB caches identified as such, much like virtual caches or letterbox caches, etc? Sorry for asking, but if they are not shown or identified as such on the cache site could it not be used or considered as a spoiler?

And I only ask as I know of one micro-cache that I did locate, but it didn't really say it was on the RTB on the cache page.

MikeyG.

Question (Sorry, still new at this adventure). Are these RTB caches identified as such, much like virtual caches or letterbox caches, etc? Sorry for asking, but if they are not shown or identified as such on the cache site could it not be used or considered as a spoiler?

And I only ask as I know of one micro-cache that I did locate, but it didn't really say it was on the RTB on the cache page.

MikeyG.

Thats the thing there is no way of knowing wether or not the cache you are looking for is in a RTB or not . If they are bookmarked as such then you can make the decision to either visit / not visit them as you wish.

Some people see them as part of the history of the UK and may wish to have them recorded for future reference . Whatever the reason if they are bookmarked then the individual can use that list to either visit or ignore them.

Some people see them as part of the history of the UK and may wish to have them recorded for future reference . Whatever the reason if they are bookmarked then the individual can use that list to either visit or ignore them.

If you want to just visit Red Telephone Boxes, it seems to me that the Waymarking category of that exact name would be a better place to record them. There's no requirement for a cache (hunting a nano in a telephone box can be a nightmare), no danger of you spoiling a puzzle or difficult cache, no need to skip an RTB because there's another cache within 528 feet, etc.

Disclaimer: as the owner of that WM category, I may be a little biased here. :rolleyes:

Ok - it seems like it's a bad idea . Please gather up your toys and put them back in the pram . I won't create the list and we should all be happy - except for those who would like the list - but thats not my problem anymore.

Could a passing mod lock this thread before it degenerates into something resembeling World Wars 3.

Ok - it seems like it's a bad idea . Please gather up your toys and put them back in the pram . I won't create the list and we should all be happy - except for those who would like the list - but thats not my problem anymore.

Could a passing mod lock this thread before it degenerates into something resembeling World Wars 3.

Unless I've missed something - or there are some missing posts - you seem to be the only person throwing any toys anywhere.

Only one of the preceding posts was critical, and most were offering genuine help. And to be honest if someone's going to create a cache based on information unavailable at the time, they're on a hiding to nothing! Methinks you need to chill a little ?? :)

Edited by keehotee