[GPS Device Request] -> When is the new device added?

dl9sec

Hi,

because my GPS device, the Navin miniHomer is not listed in the "Your GPS Devices" dialogue, i submitted the manufacturer and device infos including product links to gadgets@geocaching.com.

Nothing happened since several weeks.

Any experiences how long it takes for a new device to be added to the list?

Thanks in advance.

Regards, Thorsten

I am totally disappointed and annoyed about Groundspeaks attitude. NO response to my request to add my device to the device-list, NO response to my question.

What a fake to write "Don't see your device here? E-Mail us and let us know."

Thanks a million...

I'm looking at the specs on this little gadget, and don't see that it really has any facility for uploading groups of waypoints or POIs. Nowhere do I see any specification for what it might hold apart from the trackpoints that it will create by itself as a logger.

Given that, what were you hoping gc.com would be able to do for you?

I'm looking at the specs on this little gadget, and don't see that it really has any facility for uploading groups of waypoints or POIs. Nowhere do I see any specification for what it might hold apart from the trackpoints that it will create by itself as a logger.

Given that, what were you hoping gc.com would be able to do for you?

I think they just want their device image and information added to the list of "what GPS are you using" in the profile area.

Am I correct?

Hi ecanderson, hi BZLuck,

thanks for the reply.

I don't know which specs you read, but the device can store up to 6 user definable waypoints where 5 of them can be created and uploaded with the companion software nTRIP. Perfect for traditional caches or short multi caches.

One waypoint can be entered directly to the device (called "Free Marking"). Perfect for mystery or longer multi caches.

Please take a look at http://www.navin.com.tw/miniHomer%20Intro%20-%202010_07.pdf.

That's all i need for geocaching and that's why i use this device (my TomTom XL, which appears in the device list is IMHO unusable for gc, in spite of using some offroad-application).

I think they just want their device image and information added to the list of "what GPS are you using" in the profile area.

Am I correct?

Yes, you are :blink: ...

Regards, Thorsten

Edited by dl9sec

Does my selected device(s) show in my public profile? I can't see this information anywhere... Is it up to my settings or am I missing something?

If it is not visible in public profile, why this option to select my GPS device exists?

Oh, and there is a mistake in Garmin eTrex20. The specs say that it has a touch screen. Well, it doesn't.