How many of you keep it a secret?

I try not to tell anyone because of the looks I get

(like you spend your time doing what? when you could be out feeding the hungry or something productive)

but it always just kind of slips out.

(I tell them it's a lot more productive than watching professional sports or playing golf or something)

It slips out sometimes: "If you don't want to go with me, I need you to wait right here a minute while I go grab something."

then I have to explain.

I started discussing it with a stranger in a bar last weekend.

Before I knew it I was walking around a strange town with a total stranger, looking for caches in the dark by the light of our cell phones.

and I wasn't even drunk.

well people around me know that i like travelling, visiting interesting places and only the closed friends know that am doing some activity with gps n looking for some spots.

Anyway once i went to visit Portsmouth in South England with a friend of mine. And i wanted to find some caches. So i told him about geocaching, i had a printout what is it about, etc. Then, in the evening, when i saw the muggle's activity decreased i decided to geocaching. Started to search the first one, my friend shouted: So you looking for some cash or drugs now? :) I said that i wanna find a container and then he'll see the logbook and everything as he read from printout and there are no drugs or money involved. "But it's not legal for sure" he shouted again...well i gave up on caching that day... :)

On the way home he asked me who has profit from this activity and how it is possible that police does not know the spots so they can destroy it :D ....i gave up to explain anything else...a few days later he came up to me and said he looked on website and it doesn't look too much illegal... :laughing:

I tell anyone who looks interested, or who is trapped and has to listen to me. :laughing:

I finished my bachelor's degree last year, and had to do several papers/presentations.

One paper I did was a proposal to our state parks, reasons why they should allow caching.

One presentation I did was a geocaching 101, with a map of the school and all the caches that surround it. Not sure I made any converts, but I got A's on both of them!

i don't keep it a secret that i do it...

but i do keep it a secret of "when" i do it. hehe. sometimes the twigs in the hair give it away to my wife though.

my mother came to town to see her grandkids. we took her geocaching. she was uninterested - she didn't understand why i was leaving the cache behind. i must not explain the concept good enough.

my sister came to town for a little holiday. i took her caching. the first cache i took her to and she was hooked. she didn't bother to tell me that she started, then one day i get an email asking "can you look at this cache page and tell me where i'm supposed to look for the cache?"

:laughing:

After I went to the city council meeting to ask if I could hide a geocache in the local park they posted the minutes of the meeting in the newspaper and there in black and white for everyone to see was the statement that "Insert my name here" is allowed to hide geocaches in the park.

Nope, couldn't keep it a secret after that.