Garmin Oregon Forum? Many Problems

1) Would anyone happen to know of any forums dedicated to Garmin/Oregon?

2) I have several issues related to my new Garmin Oregon 450T? It might be the memory card or the maps, but for sure there are issues I have contacted Garmin Tech support, with no resolution (I'm usually pretty good with these things and their suggestions were things I already did.) The .PDF manual does not seem to match the unit, some in critical ways. I'm thinking of returning the unit and go from there, but I have $230.00 invested in the memory card and the map. I won't make a list of my problems, as I don't think they are appropriate here, hence part 1. The money I have invested in my setup isn't chump change, I would have to eat the $230 for my map and memory card. I'm actually getting error messages only a few miles away claiming that "Map Not Supported at This Location" or similar.

I know I'm new, but I've gone through all material I can find with no luck. Thanks and read 1) for the main vein.

- WR

Edited by WaterRitual

1) Would anyone happen to know of any forums dedicated to Garmin/Oregon?

2) I have several issues related to my new Garmin Oregon 450T? It might be the memory card or the maps, but for sure there are issues I have contacted Garmin Tech support, with no resolution (I'm usually pretty good with these things and their suggestions were things I already did.) The .PDF manual does not seem to match the unit, some in critical ways. I'm thinking of returning the unit and go from there, but I have $230.00 invested in the memory card and the map. I won't make a list of my problems, as I don't think they are appropriate here, hence part 1. The money I have invested in my setup isn't chump change, I would have to eat the $230 for my map and memory card. I'm actually getting error messages only a few miles away claiming that "Map Not Supported at This Location" or similar.

I know I'm new, but I've gone through all material I can find with no luck. Thanks and read 1) for the main vein.

- WR

http://garminoregon.wikispaces.com/message/list/home

Ask here. You won't find any more knowledgeable people anywhere.

In no way do I doubt the knowledge of the members here. My concern is that I would be asking questions about operating a specific GPS unit on a website that is dedicated to Geocaching. It's somewhat of a rule that forums elsewhere adhere to (ask the right question in the right place). This site seems rather well maintained and I've seen "Message Moved to XXXX section), so I guess I wouldn't be too much of a bother.

- WR

Ask here. You won't find any more knowledgeable people anywhere.

In no way do I doubt the knowledge of the members here. My concern is that I would be asking questions about operating a specific GPS unit on a website that is dedicated to Geocaching. It's somewhat of a rule that forums elsewhere adhere to (ask the right question in the right place). This site seems rather well maintained and I've seen "Message Moved to XXXX section), so I guess I wouldn't be too much of a bother.

- WR

I'll grant that if you post something here, our first inclination is to assume you're asking it with regard to geocaching unless you specify otherwise, but you're far from the first to request generic Garmin handheld information here. You're "on topic".

Now that you've clarified that your use model is different, fire away and let's see if we can help.