Why?

Why would someone post their problem out in the open and invite more scorn rather than waiting until Monday for someone to answer his support ticket in private?

I was just on the feedback site and Jeremy posted a link to thread about a topic that logically seems that he would have dealt with in private. Instead, he opened himself up to ridicule. Especially after essentially telling GOF that he was wrong when clearly GOF was right.

Actually, I thought that Jeremy is wrong, and GOF is right, and I am glad this thread was created, because I don't normally waste my time going to the "Get Satisfaction" site. Mr Irish could certainly do a much better job of listening and less time being defensive. GOF is speaking for many of us (thanks, GOF!) in his posts there.

As a customer who has the majority of activity going on over the weekend, Get Satisfaction should have 7 day a week support.
You would think that this would have been worked out before signing a contract with Get Satisfaction.

This sounds like someone leaving a car dealership, turning around after 5 miles & going back to complain with "a manual transmission? You mean I gotta shift this thing myself?"

Actually, I thought that Jeremy is wrong, and GOF is right, and I am glad this thread was created, because I don't normally waste my time going to the "Get Satisfaction" site. Mr Irish could certainly do a much better job of listening and less time being defensive. GOF is speaking for many of us (thanks, GOF!) in his posts there.

But I do go to the site because it's the only place for iPhone talk now. I feel like I'm shunned from the forums because the iPhone is hidden over there. And that site is constantly slammed by some complete LOSER troll and they let it happen.

So now I've got nowhere, nowhere to go with iPhone issues. I'm sick of seeing that stupid guys handle constantly, over and over.

I have to agree...I have never even looked at the Get Satisfaction site, but I guess from what I see being discussed...

GS is Outsourcing their customer support and problem solving...to a company that does not function on the weekends?? That just seems ridiculous to me. If anything, they should handle it themselves, and then hire someone especially FOR the weekends. There should certainly be 7 day support...so the site doesn't end up with downtime during the busiest periods.

Note...even though I didn't go to business school or get a degree...I think I have a basic understanding of what outsourcing means...hiring an outside source to do a potrion of the task at hand.

Not at all, but posting and complaining about him is what he wants.
I can't speak for the others, but I am not complaining about him. I am complaining about the Get Satisfaction concept and of Jeremy Irish's way of dealing with criticism of it by jumping all over GOF's well thought-out comments.

I have to agree...I have never even looked at the Get Satisfaction site, but I guess from what I see being discussed...

GS is Outsourcing their customer support and problem solving...to a company that does not function on the weekends?? That just seems ridiculous to me. If anything, they should handle it themselves, and then hire someone especially FOR the weekends. There should certainly be 7 day support...so the site doesn't end up with downtime during the busiest periods.

Note...even though I didn't go to business school or get a degree...I think I have a basic understanding of what outsourcing means...hiring an outside source to do a potrion of the task at hand.

Well, I think I understand what Jeremy means by "not outsourcing"... they purchased a license to use 3rd party software. The software is there 24/7. But the staff that can provide support for that software is not. Its a pretty fine line... fine enough that I think it can and should be ignored. Essentially it is outsourcing, even if you want to come up with a fancier term for it.

I certainly agree. I looked at Get Satisfaction and decided was basically a disaster, GOF has it right and I don't think Jeremy is willing to admit it. It is going to be real interesting here in a couple days when the next update is rolled out with the usual bag of bugs that break needed and functioning features. Sure going to miss that website forum, because I'm sure we will all post the problems over there and not have a clue when or if they will be fixed. But I fear that they will continue to roll more stuff into Get Satisfaction and then finally kill off the forums. That would be a real shame.

I certainly agree. I looked at Get Satisfaction and decided was basically a disaster, GOF has it right and I don't think Jeremy is willing to admit it. It is going to be real interesting here in a couple days when the next update is rolled out with the usual bag of bugs that break needed and functioning features. Sure going to miss that website forum, because I'm sure we will all post the problems over there and not have a clue when or if they will be fixed. But I fear that they will continue to roll more stuff into Get Satisfaction and then finally kill off the forums. That would be a real shame.

Chalk me up as another person who just ignores the Get Satisfaction site. Things were a lot easier when everything was in one place, and we didn't have to chase and search all over the Internet to find answers to issues.

But that's just my opinion.

Well, I think I understand what Jeremy means by "not outsourcing"... they purchased a license to use 3rd party software. The software is there 24/7. But the staff that can provide support for that software is not. Its a pretty fine line... fine enough that I think it can and should be ignored. Essentially it is outsourcing, even if you want to come up with a fancier term for it.

Doesn't matter how the nits are picked. The fact is that they have some control of these forums and little over there. Folks have been banned before and it has been made to stick. But they can't do it over there. It's just the tip of this iceberg. I knew it was trouble looking for a place to happen when they started using the get satisfaction site. It is never a good idea to put anything between you and your customers that you don't absolutely have to.

Chalk me up as another person who just ignores the Get Satisfaction site. Things were a lot easier when everything was in one place, and we didn't have to chase and search all over the Internet to find answers to issues.

But that's just my opinion.

I agree-the site it totally unhelpful. I've been nothing but supportive of the iPhone app , but lately it totally blows. And being on vacation on a desolate island with little coverage really opened my eyes to all the problems that is has... But where do I go? The site is useless, everything is blown off immediately and posts disappear into the din because some useless A-hole is sitting at home spamming the site because he has no life.

Basically, I'm not getting ANY satisfaction from this 'satisfaction' site at all! It seems the goal is this "ok, we see your problem and now we are ignoring it..."

Edited by JesandTodd

I'm not a computer geek by any means. I know how to find my way around this forum, though. I finally went to the "satisfaction" area and boy, I was not impressed at all. There is no organization to the threads at all- I was simply perusing and got lost. My quasi-newbie (142 finds) thoughts are this "get satisfaction" thing is a complete waste of precious resources.

Just what was "their" justification for this outsourcing? And outsourcing is exactly what it is. I just don't get it.

You may want to modify that post before a moderator does it for you. Looks better that way. :ph34r:

Nah...maybe "they" will actually read it. Besides, if that losers handle is ok why is what I said not? We need to be consistent, dont we? Why are there separate rules for each websites?

Edited by JesandTodd

You may want to modify that post before a moderator does it for you. Looks better that way. :ph34r:

Nah...maybe "they" will actually read it. Besides, if that losers handle is ok why is what I said not? We need to be consistent, dont we? Why are there separate rules for each websites?

Because that is not a Groundspeak product. That is what the whole thing is about. If TPTB at Groundspeak could nuke that posters account it would be gone by now.

This way their choice to handle things this way. I have a GS product that needs considerable support right now. The iPhone is my only means of caching. And what do they do? Outsourse my help when I need it the most. And each time I go on that site I see offensive BS. That is their choice. They chose to eliminate the iPhone forums and go with this site. And I'm not happy with that choice at all.