Can you see your cache from your house

The other week we found a cache in a place which was overlooked by someones bedroom window and the ones either side of them as well and the thought crossed my mind. What if the person who hid this lives in that house?

Can anyone see their cache from their house? do you find yourself watching it sometimes to see who finds it?

Tracy

The other week we found a cache in a place which was overlooked by someones bedroom window and the ones either side of them as well and the thought crossed my mind. What if the person who hid this lives in that house?

Can anyone see their cache from their house? do you find yourself watching it sometimes to see who finds it?

Tracy

I heard an interesting tale about a cache in the US. The owner had set up a multi that had a web cam overlooking one of the stages. Apparently he'd set up a process to take pictures of any movement around the stage, and if it was clearly a geocacher he printed a picture of them and put it in the final stage which was at the end of his garden. Then he not only got to meet other cachers, he also got to see the looks of confusion as they found pictures of themselves waiting in the cache they'd just found.

Tracy

I would think...."what if that person peering at me is NOT the cache owner"?

I dislike such caches.

I dislike such caches.

Me too. In fact I aborted an attempt on one that was overlooked a few weekends ago as I just didn't want to get into an "Oi, what are you doing!?" conversation with a local. It's only a smiley, and I'd prefer them not overlooked, so onwards I went.

I dislike such caches.

Me too.
Thirded.

Caches that are overlooked by people who don't know about the cache are not being fair on those other people - they might easily become concerned about why people are hanging round their property.

If a cache is placed where it is overlooked only by the cache owner and others who know about the cache, I believe this should be clearly stated on the cache page. In that case I might do the cache.

If it's not clear on the cache page, the cache searcher has no way of knowing whether or not he is causing distress by looking close to someone else's property.

Rgds, Andy

Nope, I hide my caches way too well to be able to see them at distance - but you can see my house from one of the caches B)

Found a cache at the bottom of someones driveway the other night - I wondered if it was the cache owner who came out their house to watch me, but it wasn't :D

Jon.

Edited by Dakar4x4

Tracy

Yep, we did originally have a cache at the very edge of our front garden called Bite the Bullet GC19X88. Some cachers actually rang the doorbell when they had found it. This had to be archived when we set the village circular as it was too close to Farriers Workplace GC1KNjZ. We also have Phone a Friend! which is outside my (Clare's) place of work, although I can't actually see it from my desk GC1GM46

Clare (one half of the Linedancers)